PDA

View Full Version : Yucipa Trout Derby

troutnkim
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I am thinking about going this weekend. Any one been to one of these..What should I expect? Is it worth the $15 entry fee? You can PM if you want to share your thoughts/experiences. Thanks .

troutguy26
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
ill b there as well..im staying at the camp grounds with my trailor tho..it is worth it..get there early tho...cuz there will b a lot of people...so like midnight or 1 aha

troutnkim
01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Are you serious?? I have to get there that early....UGH..maybe I'll pass.

troutguy26
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
yea man..i went to the guasti dervy and got there at like 1 and i was like 30th in line lol

jmp_fishinn
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
yep..guasti line was ridiculous...but still ended up with a good spot
after being almost last in line..hahha.

ill be heading out to yucaipa and arriving there arounn 230ish-3AM.

Team_Strike
01-07-2010, 11:57 AM
hey guys,

Yucipa regional line CAN get pretty crazy, believe me i know. I live a few blocks away and around 4ish they start pilling up, but its all worth it in the end.
I have met some great people in line, hope to see you guys there.
ill be the guy in front of the line smoking some breakfast sag.
come by and say hi.

christainmetalhead909
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
ill be there, ill be in a black mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what lakes do they stock? all of them i am guessing. i went fished all three lakes on wen for only one on orange gulp pb. nothing on jigs or lures, really slow day.

fishking
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I will be there, I only live 10minutes away and plan to be there at 1 - 2am.. I have fished the derby the past two years.. There are usually really good fish stocked, and the place will be packed elbow to elbow..

Last years derby was slow but winning fish was almost 20lbs!!

troutguy26
01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
see u guys there..ill be camping so imma either park my car out tomorrow night or just not wait in line..idk what their policy is..lol either way....goodluck everyone

tight lineZ

IncredibleHuck
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Not sure yet if i'm going, or if i'll go Sunday instead now. If I do i'll be in line around midnight in my HHR with a Vikings sticker on the back. If anyones got a heater, may want to bring it if some one you guys are going to be out there chillin that night. It's been in the high 30's here in Yucaipa at night.

If not Saturday i'll be fishing it Sunday.

narrowpath
01-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Does anyone know if there is a cuttoff for how many people can enter the derby? I was just wondering since I cant arrive until around 9am.

coty
01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I dont think there is a cut off for the lake. I used to go to the derbys and i would have to get there at about midnight and no later then 1:30 it gets bad. It gets to the point where there is no room to fish and then its a waste of money because you wont get a good spot. But good luck at the derby if you still decided to go

yucaipahunter
01-08-2010, 06:40 PM
First guy for the Derby lined up this afternoon at 4:30pm, 3 in line by 5:30 All 3 lakes were stocked. Gate opens at 6 am. Good Luck Guys

ghetto fisherman
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM
good luck everyone that plans on going see u graet fisherman out thair hope to meet u out thair...:Envious:

jmp_fishinn
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
First guy for the Derby lined up this afternoon at 4:30pm, 3 in line by 5:30 All 3 lakes were stocked. Gate opens at 6 am. Good Luck Guys

:Shocked::EyePop::Shocked::EyePop:

IncredibleHuck
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
I remember a few years back when some jack@ss actually parked his truck first in line, went back home to sleep, and had the balls to have his wife drop him back off at 6:30. LOL there were almost some fights that year.

But going to this year, I just passed by the regional park, and there was two lines going back to Oak Glen Road, so maybe about 30 cars or so, and then cops had oak glen road blocked off and cars again int he lower parking lot at the community park, and there was about another good 30+ cars at least, maybe more.

Glad im going on Sunday and not Saturday! Have fun with the crowds guys!

troutguy26
01-09-2010, 04:41 PM
i was camping this weekend so i was the first pedestrian in line..aha got the spot we wanted and slayed trout... they were all small tho...i got 35th place with a 1 lb 14 ounce fish..we slayed them most of the day but i wish there would be bigger fish! aha it was for sure a good time tho..it was fun hangin out with patrick(jmp fisherman i believe?) lol sorry bro, and trout1! will be hittin up glen helens derby if my baseball schedule allows me too!

tight lineZ

jmp_fishinn
01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
i was camping this weekend so i was the first pedestrian in line..aha got the spot we wanted and slayed trout... they were all small tho...i got 35th place with a 1 lb 14 ounce fish..we slayed them most of the day but i wish there would be bigger fish! aha it was for sure a good time tho..it was fun hangin out with patrick(jmp fisherman i believe?) lol sorry bro, and trout1! will be hittin up glen helens derby if my baseball schedule allows me too!

tight lineZ

haha yeppp thats me. hahah. yea today was awesome!! we just needed
bigger quiality fish and we would of been set!! haha. but i ended being n 40th place with also a 1.14# fish. until next time...

tight lines!

Mr White 90037
01-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Good for you at least you placed and did not go home skunked never a good feeling not catching anything while competing thats how you become a pro buy winning and getting sponored

God job
Should we hit it up on sunday
or did you guys catch them all

troutguy26
01-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Good for you at least you placed and did not go home skunked never a good feeling not catching anything while competing thats how you become a pro buy winning and getting sponored

God job
Should we hit it up on sunday
or did you guys catch them all

im camping out there so ill b there sunday..aha there should still b a good number of fish left in there aha