PDA

View Full Version : Enuff with feeding the birds

Fishbones
01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Man i am sick and tired of seeing these damn cormorants and darters cleaning up the small amount of fish that we get stocked in our small ponds and lakes.
The DFG and the state is wasting our money to feed the birds and im not sure if they even know how bad the problem is. I can count at least 20-30 birds on a good day sweeping the small lakes and ponds just destroying the trout and whatever else they can swallow. There needs to be something done about this.
I understand that these birds are protected and i do not want to harm them...well just a little j/k...but seriously we are getting out fished by the birds and now after the hear say of the DFG going to stop planting fish we have to protect the little fish we have in our lakes and ponds.........fishbones:mad:

fisherman from long beach
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
my partner was at eldorado right after they stocked it,he said there was atleast 100 fricken birds there just dive bombing everything,he said almost every single bird would come up with a fish.kinda sucks for the park fisherman.

vanillagurilla
01-06-2010, 02:58 PM
theres over 100 at tri-city... and its not even that big. If i was stocking a lake and i pulled up and seen 100 comorants and 0 people fishing i wouldnt even stop lol. waste of money. they say there "protected" because there a migratory bird... the migrate all right, from the hatchery to the lake. ive seen them folow the truck! lol

Fishbones
01-06-2010, 03:26 PM
LMAO...vanillagurilla...you always make me bust up with these comments....
"ive seen them follow the truck....hahahahahahahahahahahahah

DarkShadow
01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
ive seen them folow the truck! lol

Imagine if the cormorants had a website where they can post up to the minute information on what lakes got stocked and when?!

Itd be like a Cormorant version of FNN.

vanillagurilla
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
yeah but atleast on here i dont post about city parks or stockings unlike some asshats (not you or fishbones :) ). but im serious ive seen them folow the truck from the hatchery. like as soon as the truck pulls into the parks about 20 land in the water lol.

Fishbones
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Imagine if the cormorants had a website where they can post up to the minute information on what lakes got stocked and when?!

Itd be like a Cormorant version of FNN.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha it would be CNN instead of FNN

smokehound
01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Well I dont necessarily hate the cormorants, when in small numbers, they are helpful, they show you where the trout are.

But as VG said, tri-city is cormorant county.

The last time I went, there were thousands of them sitting on the banks with their wings open-- a sure sign they had their fill.

And thats only the corms you see. There are hundreds sitting in the trees with their young.

Here's a simple solution-- Prune trees so its impossible for cormorants to nest.

A simple culling will not work, since these birds grow fast, and fledge quick.

Just thank your lucky stars they arent all brown pelicans!

vanillagurilla
01-06-2010, 05:46 PM
dude i was at ralph b the other day and there was 19! pelicans there! then my homies bike tire blew up and all the birds left :).. all of them hahha.

City Dad
01-06-2010, 07:46 PM
I propose avian re-education camps.

sansou
01-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I propose avian re-education camps.

I'm smelling this Marxist slant in your dialogue lately, and comrade, I'm diggin' it.

Signed,

Karl.

P.S. Didn't FNN have a signature petition for DFG way back when???

Fishbones
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Developed by Karl Marxs.......man had a huge beard...looked like a fisherman too...

Atlaua
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Man i am sick and tired of seeing these damn cormorants and darters cleaning up the small amount of fish that we get stocked in our small ponds and lakes.
The DFG and the state is wasting our money to feed the birds and im not sure if they even know how bad the problem is. I can count at least 20-30 birds on a good day sweeping the small lakes and ponds just destroying the trout and whatever else they can swallow. There needs to be something done about this.
I understand that these birds are protected and i do not want to harm them...well just a little j/k...but seriously we are getting out fished by the birds and now after the hear say of the DFG going to stop planting fish we have to protect the little fish we have in our lakes and ponds.........fishbones:mad:

Catch & Release. It's your - er, the cormorants choice....

smokehound
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
dude i was at ralph b the other day and there was 19! pelicans there! then my homies bike tire blew up and all the birds left :).. all of them hahha.

:LOL: someone must have shot at them before.

DarkShadow
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM

Was this the same time the petition was floating around to ban One_Leg from FNN too?

sansou
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Was this the same time the petition was floating around to ban One_Leg from FNN too?

Ran out of server space on that one...

TShaffer
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM

:ROFL:

But seriously those freakin birds are annoying. Whether it's fresh or salt the pelicans and comorants are there. There eat every stocked fish and in the salt they eat every fish you try to release. Dang pelican took my Lucanus Jig the other day too.

Fishbones
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Catch & Release. It's your - er, the cormorants choice....

Huh....................................???????

City Dad
01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm smelling this Marxist slant in your dialogue lately, and comrade, I'm diggin' it.

Signed,

Karl.

religion is the opiate of the peacocks.

Atlaua
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Huh....................................???????

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9232/facepalmy.gif

sansou
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
religion is the opiate of the peacocks.

Power rises out of a barrel of Powerbait,

Signed,

Mao the Dong-er.

AngryAgent
01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Hepseria lake is the worst. I haven't fished there in 2 years cuz the water absolutely sucks but the island is home to a few hundred of them bastards. I don't know why they're protected, it's not like they're endangered. Bird of prey, whatever..:Rolls Eyes: