PDA

View Full Version : Record Duct Striper

yolo
01-06-2010, 02:51 PM
fishtaco and I hit the duct this morning and with no flow in the AV, we decided to head over the hill. Water is moving, yay. We get to the first spot and on the first cast taco is hooked up. I don't know if this is taco's first duct striper or not but he is all into it. Lands it and it's a record catch. It is the smallest duct striper I recall ever seeing. It wasn't a hair over 10" and maybe smaller. Probably not the record taco was looking for :Envious: I take a pic with his camera and make the fish look bigger than it is and we throw it back to grow up (taco will have to post the pic from his camera). I get a hit and a follower but that's it. On to spot 2 and nothing there. On to spot three and after a couple of minutes, I hook up and it's on. It was fighting pretty good and did 2 or 3 short runs. I land it and it's a really chubby one. I release it to be caught again. We keep working the area and I get a good hit again but gets off. Taco tells me he got short bit too. After that, nothing so we hit spot four. Nothing at spot four and the water has stopped flowing. On the way back we stop at spot five for nothing and decide to call it a day.

I think we drove way more than we fished but taco had to get going and I agreed. If the water would have still been flowing, I would have worked several more areas with or without taco but it was shut down so home I went. Driving home through the west AV I saw the water was still not moving a bit back on my side of the hill and I didn't even bother stopping at any spots.

It was a short trip but we beat the skunk. I think taco learned a few things from me about the duct on this trip.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%201-6-10/Duct1-6-10.jpg

Stormcrow
01-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Way to go man! Ive been reading your reports and youre on a roll out there!!!:Envious:

yolo
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
It's good to get fish in unfamiliar territory. Like I tell others too. Just get out there and fish it. There is no need to hold ones hand through it. Get on google maps satellite view and go hit spots that the duct crosses roads at and then go explore some dirt roads and have fun fishing. That's what we did today. I even left the marker sign in my background, lol. The picture doesn't do this fish justice. It was very plump. You can barely see it next to my right arm on the belly that is slopping over even when the camera is angles away from it. It would have sagged big time had I held it horizontal in the pic. Only fished for about 1 1/2 hours and we got fish, got bit and explored.

BuzzBait
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Good Job! I haven't fished the aquaduct all year. it's like 10 mins from the house. ROFL

Fishbones
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM
you have a great attitude about it and it payed off for you...good for you,
thats a fatty for sure....hope to make it out there soon .....fishbones

blackberg
01-07-2010, 01:13 AM
nice report,
I am tempted to go out there, never been, would be clueless once I got there,
keep them reports coming
-bb

yolo
01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Here's the mini that eddiefishtaco caught. The photo makes it look way bigger than it was for some reason.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%201-6-10/Aqueductmini.jpg