PDA

View Full Version : 1/7/10 Corona

HANG'IN ONE
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Need an opinion, planning a trip to Corona tomorrow, am I wasting my time? Should I wait for the weekend, is it fished out? When is it stocked?

Any info would help.

Tight lines!

hugh jorgan
01-06-2010, 01:45 PM
CO-WORKER WENT YESTERDAY & SAID IT WAS WFO COULD NOT KEEP A SECOND ROD IN THE WATER & WOUND UP BUYING ADDITIONAL PERMITS , also stated that he thinks he saw a stocking truck with a large gathering around it but he was in the tube on the other side of the lake

PLEASE let us know how you do, i have never personally fished or even been to this lake & reading all the reports & hearing all the stories i am dying to get out there to enjoy some of the carnage i keep reading about that has been taking place for the past several weeks

sorry for the caps, forgot the lock again : i hate when that happens

good luck if you go

JHDucky
01-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I was there on Monday and I only saw about 6 trout caught by eveyone that was by the dam. There were about 30 people fishing in the area. The area by the boat dock was not any better, 3 fish for 15 fishermen. The guy in the tackle shop even said it was dead. I was the third car in line to get in and pretty much had my choice of a spot Monday morning.
I agree, good luck if you go.

vanillagurilla
01-06-2010, 03:01 PM
you gota go thurs/friday. i hear the water at SARL is cleaning up and when it dose... it will be WFO.

HANG'IN ONE
01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to post on Fri. the results.

Tight lines!

tat2 fishhead
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
u know fishing been tuff at all the lakes think the warm weather has um going a little deep..:Angry:should be good after stocking good luck my friend.

Juventino
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Dont bother it was fished out after xmas and new years wait till they stock and a video to back it. I went today after they said they stocked it last night but they didnt.

FORZA JUVE
US ARMY MP

Rot8
01-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Dont bother it was fished out after xmas and new years wait till they stock and a video to back it. I went today after they said they stocked it last night but they didnt.

FORZA JUVE
US ARMY MP

I agree with "Juve". the lake has been hit very hard over the holidays and will need a little time to get back up to par. I generally thought Wednesdays were their stock days, but would wait until you see the stock video. If you are itching to go, I believe Friday would be the best day. I also always check their web cam. If a lot of pictures with limits are being taken I know it is red hot. If I see pictures with catches of 1,2 or 3 fish I know it is slow. Take a look now and you will see no pictures posted for Monday or Tuesday. These are signs the lake is a little fished out right now. Good luck

Rot8

HANG'IN ONE
01-08-2010, 07:52 AM
So I woke up @3:45 am woke my older son, loaded our gear, pulled into Corona @ 5am. About 20 cars in line no big deal, by the time 6am hit probably 40+ cars behind me. Arrived at our spot just east of the dam 6:15 set up poles in the water. Majority of people squeezing in near the stocking tube. Few fish were plucked by 6:30, none for Jr. & I few bites but Im still pumped. Here comes the Mt. Lassen truck could'nt have been there for more than 20 minutes. Everybody (all 100+ people in that general area) hooking up. IMO thats not fishing but hey if you in to catching than go for it. Why can't Corona have that truck arrive before they open they have a 24 hr. caregiver there. Anyway to the guy on the point east of the dam, you are a piece of SH*T! You think nobody saw you take 2 1/2 limits I should have ratted you out but I'll let the fish gods take care of you. And the scumbag next to you who caught that 6lb + bass & was telling the guys in the boat that it was a "Carp" & then you had the ballz to keep it & put it in your ice chest I hope you choke on a fishbone.

Im giving up on the pay lakes, it's funny how 2 hours after the stock here comes the lake staff with a camera taking pics. of all the fish caught & posting to there website within an hour, what a joke why did'nt you guys just hand people scoops of trout to put on their stringer.

Im not pissed because I got skunked, I got to spend the day with my son, Im pissed about the jug heads that give fishing a black eye. You guys are'nt fisherman, a fisherman is one who respects the rules.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I know there is more people that respect this great sport it just burns me up.

Overall the fishing was hot (for those who were within 50 feet of the stocking tube) when the truck left @ 9:30am then it was dead from 1pm until closing.

Tight Lines guys!

ghetto dad
01-08-2010, 07:57 AM
So I woke up @3:45 am woke my older son, loaded our gear, pulled into Corona @ 5am. About 20 cars in line no big deal, by the time 6am hit probably 40+ cars behind me. Arrived at our spot just east of the dam 6:15 set up poles in the water. Majority of people squeezing in near the stocking tube. Few fish were plucked by 6:30, none for Jr. & I few bites but Im still pumped. Here comes the Mt. Lassen truck could'nt have been there for more than 20 minutes. Everybody (all 100+ people in that general area) hooking up. IMO thats not fishing but hey if you in to catching than go for it. Why can't Corona have that truck arrive before they open they have a 24 hr. caregiver there. Anyway to the guy on the point east of the dam, you are a piece of SH*T! You think nobody saw you take 2 1/2 limits I should have ratted you out but I'll let the fish gods take care of you. And the scumbag next to you who caught that 6lb + bass & was telling the guys in the boat that it was a "Carp" & then you had the ballz to keep it & put it in your ice chest I hope you choke on a fishbone.

Im giving up on the pay lakes, it's funny how 2 hours after the stock here comes the lake staff with a camera taking pics. of all the fish caught & posting to there website within an hour, what a joke why did'nt you guys just hand people scoops of trout to put on their stringer.

Im not pissed because I got skunked, I got to spend the day with my son, Im pissed about the jug heads that give fishing a black eye. You guys are'nt fisherman, a fisherman is one who respects the rules.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I know there is more people that respect this great sport it just burns me up.

Overall the fishing was hot when the truck left @ 9:30am then it was dead from 1pm until closing.

Tight Lines guys!

lol...dang.....

nice report brother.....glad you got em

GD

ghetto dad
01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
this MIGHT not be true, but a fisherman i fished with at Irvine a couple days ago told me that they cleared the whole area the other day when the stocking truck came for about an hour..and wouldnt let people fish for about an hour

IMO, if that is in fact true, that is GOOD that they do not allow people to fish the area of the stocking! According to what i just read, it would seem like a majority of the stocked fish were caught by people "fishing" near the stock truck.....so there goes the fish for the rest of the people throughout the week....

I really dont consider that "fishing" either brother....

GD

sansou
01-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Hang'in One,

Have you ever looked to see where Mt. Lassen is located on a map? In other words, "the truck gets there when it gets there". They try to schedule to some degree, but its tough sometimes.

The alternative is to try to put some in the ahead of time nets to alleviate the continuity of stocking problem, but then people moan and groan about that, even though its done to help out the anglers.

No trying to pick a bone with ya, I just think you might need to take in to consideration what these pay lakes go thru to keep anglers happy.

Hitts0n
01-08-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.fishinglakes.com/corona_big_news.htm

you tell me is it a waste of time !