PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia

Spark626
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I remember maxing out my limit everytime going up about 2 seasons ago. what a difference 2 years makes. few nibbles in the morning, nothing solid. i think 3 fish were taken out from the entire lake that day. these private lakes are expensive as it is already. water quality is so gross now with visibility like at .5"

-sparki

Fisherman57
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the board!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-05-2010, 08:08 PM
this 268lb sturgeon was caught out there on that lake.
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/Hesperia-Turner-268sturgeonsm1.jpg

formosa
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
this 268lb sturgeon was caught out there on that lake.
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/Hesperia-Turner-268sturgeonsm1.jpg

that's a nice sturgeon from that mudhole.lol,lol, congrats that sucker is huge.

troutguy26
01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
yea i used to love that place...caught my biggest bow outta there..nasty now

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-05-2010, 10:51 PM
that's a nice sturgeon from that mudhole.lol,lol, congrats that sucker is huge.

That's not my fish..I googled hesperia awhile back to see what kinda fish they got there and this and another 200lbs sturgeon pic came up...I wanna try that like sometime this year..

troutguy26
01-05-2010, 11:12 PM
That's not my fish..I googled hesperia awhile back to see what kinda fish they got there and this and another 200lbs sturgeon pic came up...I wanna try that like sometime this year..

if ur a bait and wait type of guy who uses inflated crawlers and powerbait...then go for it..but if u like jiggin and drop shottin...i dont think its a good idea... that lake is wayyyyyy dirty man! quality fish in there for sure tho! sucks to see the size of fish they put in there but the dirty water they gotta live in..aha

tight lineZ

Danny300
01-06-2010, 12:18 AM
in march they are supposed to be stocking 100 lbs sturgeon :)

seal
01-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Water quality is actually improving again. If they can only keep improving it and not go backwards again. The pump was down for like a couple weeks but is now back up and operating.

You can actually see into the water a foot or more in some spots, that's an improvement believe it or not!

Koontaj
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Welcome bro! Ya! It is a nasty lake and its to way expensive. They do need to improve these lakes. I hope I did not offend somebody, like i usually do...ha ha. Its just my opinion. Try Jess ranch in apple valley or irvine lake. Those are my favorites.

J-Dub
01-08-2010, 01:54 PM
yeah this use to be my favorite lake to hit up becuz it use to have really good fishing up there....but now....not so much....ive actually been thinking about going up there and fish but since i read this report...i think illl just stay home lol

coty
01-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I went to hesperia lake twice in one day and never had one hit that lake is little and nasty looking. havent been back sence but i have though about trying it again but maybe not now

Spark626
01-08-2010, 05:16 PM
if ur a bait and wait type of guy who uses inflated crawlers and powerbait...then go for it..but if u like jiggin and drop shottin...i dont think its a good idea... that lake is wayyyyyy dirty man! quality fish in there for sure tho! sucks to see the size of fish they put in there but the dirty water they gotta live in..aha

tight lineZ

ya, i threw every jig color i had, few small bites were off of rainbow doused in garlic with a short 6" leader. i thought the same thing when i couldnt see my job an inch below water.

Water quality is actually improving again. If they can only keep improving it and not go backwards again. The pump was down for like a couple weeks but is now back up and operating.

You can actually see into the water a foot or more in some spots, that's an improvement believe it or not!

a foot is a tremendous improvement since the last time i was there. Makes sence, they need to upgrade that pump. that lake has my favorite red sunrises and it used to me my failsafe confidence lake to get fish a limit. hence why i was soo disappointed my last trip up.

Welcome bro! Ya! It is a nasty lake and its to way expensive. They do need to improve these lakes. I hope I did not offend somebody, like i usually do...ha ha. Its just my opinion. Try Jess ranch in apple valley or irvine lake. Those are my favorites.

thank you, i agreee they need to improve. if they can manage to make some good investments on upgrades, im sure everyone will benefit in the long run. more people will be sharing good fishing stories rather than explaining the skunk. i did regret not driving down a few more exits to jess and irvine had some slow reports. i followed jim matthews report and stuck with hesperia, that was the worst report ever.

adiablo420
01-09-2010, 08:30 AM
in march they are supposed to be stocking 100 lbs sturgeon :)
after seeing the size of that sturgeon.. 100 lbs doesnt sound like much

MammothMagic
01-09-2010, 08:39 AM
I have like 10 free passes and i have used a few for no fish. I am not even going back and I have free passes. the water quality is absolutly horible.

seal
01-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Fishing has picked up in the last week at Hesperia. Most stringers had at least a couple and saw sturgeon caught also. Just a little update.

Nessie Hunter
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Im only a mile or so from the lake....
Havnt been there in yrs.. Its turned into the local joke!!!

seal
01-09-2010, 10:53 AM

I go there for a walk mutiple times a week, well at least the days that Silverwood is closed. The bad element is NOT as present as past years and the water is slightly better with more fish being caught.

This is not to say that more work is not needed (yes understatement) but if you haven't been there for years you would have no way of knowing the present conditions. I know you are not a fan but I see an effort and hope that it continues.

Let's see if it continues to improve, I sure hope so, I use to have a good time fly fishing there occasionally.

Spark626
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I have like 10 free passes and i have used a few for no fish. I am not even going back and I have free passes. the water quality is absolutly horible.

yikes whatta waste

Fishing has picked up in the last week at Hesperia. Most stringers had at least a couple and saw sturgeon caught also. Just a little update.

sounds like a big improvement, thanks for the update. perhaps they got that pump up and running.

dang, if i lived that close i'd be fishing there pretty often. i know they have or used to have a pass where you can catch and release and keep two. had great trips there catching limits with ease, its gotta be temperature. Its the only place where i remember being cold enough where my feet hurt, and thats how i know the trout like it haha. guess there is jess ranch and silverwood.

Nessie Hunter
01-11-2010, 09:28 AM
I used to go often.
Bought the 10 pass books, went on Resident discount days etc etc.
Gave books of passes to friends as gifts...

C&R pass was my thing also..
I could have 50 fish days and have a lot fun..

Then it went to the dogs!!!!!
Had also gotten crowded from the great reports & fishing..
Water quality and fish got so bad (2+ yrs ago).. No more!!

Yep, Silverwood (Float Tube), Mojave Narrows (learning to fly fish), even the local Duct...
Most of my fishing is down the hill with friends. Lakes, Bays, off shore, long range Tuna & Cabo etc..
That has even slowed way down for last yr+...

Jess Ranch has that pay lake feel, so I dont go there much either, but much nicer place...

seal
01-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I used to go often.
Bought the 10 pass books, went on Resident discount days etc etc.
Gave books of passes to friends as gifts...

C&R pass was my thing also..
I could have 50 fish days and have a lot fun..

Then it went to the dogs!!!!!
Had also gotten crowded from the great reports & fishing..
Water quality and fish got so bad (2+ yrs ago).. No more!!

Yep, Silverwood (Float Tube), Mojave Narrows (learning to fly fish), even the local Duct...
Most of my fishing is down the hill with friends. Lakes, Bays, off shore, long range Tuna & Cabo etc..
That has even slowed way down for last yr+...

Jess Ranch has that pay lake feel, so I dont go there much either, but much nicer place...

I have a feeling you and I have crossed paths mutiple times! Mohave Narrows is a great lake to learn fly fishing (non crowded days). Have had those 50 fish days there on the fly.

I would like to see Hesperia return to the glory days also!

troutguy26
02-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I have a feeling you and I have crossed paths mutiple times! Mohave Narrows is a great lake to learn fly fishing (non crowded days). Have had those 50 fish days there on the fly.

I would like to see Hesperia return to the glory days also!

i would love that also..i love that lake but its just not the same and it sucks! hopefully its gettin better like u say..im thinkin of goin there soon..got some free passes