PDA

View Full Version : DVL Tomorrow

carlsbadsurfer07
01-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Hitting up the jewel tomorrow, curious to know if anyone had any last minute advice from recent trips, talks, etc.. If you'd rather PM me go right ahead any last minute advice would be great.

BSalvati
01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Fished DVL on the 4th. I caught only two fish. Both came on the drop shot in 45 feet of water. It was my first trip to DVL. I was there from opening till noon. It seemed pretty slow for the guys I talked to so I felt I did alright for my first try.

I did meter bait in deeper water, like 90 ft. To do over again I might try more in the area the bait was.

Good luck.

Matt_Magnone
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
fish are still chewin hard. keep fishing that 50-80 and you'll catch them. you can still fish shallow, but those fish are getting beat up hard.

angles are everything right now and the fish are definately responding well to an uphill approach. i wont preach baits or rigs, but fish whatever you have confidence in slow and YOU WILL get bit. if you're not getting bit, dont think that the fish just aren't biting.

one thing ive noticed is that bass will always eat, whether they want to or not. just switch the angles of retrieve, vary bait selection within reason and pay attention to wind direction. line size right now makes no difference. im using 10# floro and am doin as good or better than my buddies with 4 or 6.

i was out yesterday had an hour and a half and ended up nailin some nice fish before work. the fish right now are choking the bait down. just play around with it guys and you'll get em'! just be patient and fish slow.

anything dark.