PDA

View Full Version : First legal of the new year! 1/5/2010

lngbchfnhnter
01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
With work being a little slow, I've been keeping my mornings busy by fishing.
So today i decided to do some recon,but having good surf condition today, i had to revisit a familiar spot.... I got there before grey light with 3/4 of a moon out. I start with the lucky 127 mr on one rod and a 110 on the other. First 45 min i hit a shortie. Working him with the waves he must of not been hooked very well,cuz right when i had him about 10 feet from me, the lucky came off!:Angry: ok.. its ok..i tell my self. So try that same area to rehookem, but i think he got smart quick, and didn't want anything to do with the lure..:Rolls Eyes:
At that point i was still feeling confident so i worked the 127 down the beach for about 30 min nothing..i switch to 110 for about another 40 min nothing..:Confused: ok.. I reach my stopping point and start working the beach back but before i do, i change the luckys same 110 and 127 but change colors on each. After a long 40 min back i finally hit the last 15 min of my session when i feel a nice thump!!! i give him a sec and i start pumping.:Razz:
I bring him up shore whip out the tape and sure enough hes legal!!!!
I didn't notice my treble till after but he bent the s*** out of the last one!
Well enough talking..here go the pics.

Oh! For those with questional measuring issues.. here you go!!
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/Inoah11Photos/BA22.jpg

Better???

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/Inoah11Photos/B9A4.jpg

The release!

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/Inoah11Photos/B964.jpg

Here's the lucky that got em!

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/Inoah11Photos/B915.jpg

Thanks for reading!

fisherman from long beach
01-05-2010, 04:24 PM
just barely legal,but good catch.looked like good conditions out there.

BIGRED KILLA
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Sweet catch nice legal for the start of the new year thanks for the pics and report. Question what pound test do you use.

Bigre

Fire Ball
01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Good job on the catch and good job on the release, haha. That is a great looking hali! Did you customize that lure a little bit?

bsp
01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Ghost WSB is a good color. The translucent look really glows underwater. Congrats on your first legal of 2010! Agree with the familiar spot deal. Whenever you feel like exploring, your old favorites always call out. I recommend trying a good bit farther North if you plan a recon trip. Lots of nice fish up there, with some cool exotics to boot! :Wink:

lngbchfnhnter
01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Sweet catch nice legal for the start of the new year thanks for the pics and report. Question what pound test do you use.

Bigre

LOL.. i knew that was coming..actually i run 40 braid and 20 flou short top shot...but on my recon i was doing after that i was targeting bass on weedless rigs. so i changed the top shot to 30 flou,i was too lazy to change it, so i just left it..guess it didnt matter:LOL:

thanks for the reply

bones
01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Very nice job sticking with it there buddy!
Welcome to the "2010 legal flattie club" and I'm sure you will give the swat team a run for their money this year for sure.
You have more patience down there than I do. I kinda go into a daze fishing that place sometimes when the bite is slow. Everything is just so flat and looks the same....LOL
JerryG and I were talking about your stomping grounds just this past sunday and we both agree that it takes alot of patience to work the LB area just working the rips and the birds.
Great job on the release too!

Jaysuuun
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Damn, you didn't waste anytime from your last '09 outing. :LOL: Congrats on the new year legal flattie.

Wingnut
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Great feeling to get that first legal of the year... keep up the nice work out there! :Cool:

jerryG
01-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Well done! Glad to see you were rewarded for your persistence. When in doubt stick it out...

JerryG

Gobi
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Whaaat?? Another legal already? That's the way to start 2010. Hope you have the same luck {or confidence} the rest of the year! Good job!

lngbchfnhnter
01-07-2010, 08:14 PM
just barely legal,but good catch.looked like good conditions out there.

Thanks for the reply fflb. Conditions were perfect that day! but it was all about patience.

Bigre

Thanks brk,hope i answered your question.:Smile:

Good job on the catch and good job on the release, haha. That is a great looking hali! Did you customize that lure a little bit?

Thanks FB,yeah i did some mods to some Lucky's, dont know if it actually helps any... but at least it looks cool. lol..

Ghost WSB is a good color. The translucent look really glows underwater. Congrats on your first legal of 2010! Agree with the familiar spot deal. Whenever you feel like exploring, your old favorites always call out. I recommend trying a good bit farther North if you plan a recon trip. Lots of nice fish up there, with some cool exotics to boot! :Wink:

Thanks bsp, yeah that colors cool, I don't break it out very much, but maybe i should start too:LOL:

Very nice job sticking with it there buddy!
Welcome to the "2010 legal flattie club" and I'm sure you will give the swat team a run for their money this year for sure.
You have more patience down there than I do. I kinda go into a daze fishing that place sometimes when the bite is slow. Everything is just so flat and looks the same....LOL
JerryG and I were talking about your stomping grounds just this past sunday and we both agree that it takes alot of patience to work the LB area just working the rips and the birds.
Great job on the release too!

Thanks bones, reply much appreciated.. btw pm sent..
(update) ok.. maybe not...mailbox is full :(

Damn, you didn't waste anytime from your last '09 outing. :LOL: Congrats on the new year legal flattie.

Thanks jaysuun,yeah,Guess i ran into some early luck...:Big Grin:

Great feeling to get that first legal of the year... keep up the nice work out there! :Cool:

Thanks wingnut, it sure was a relief late in that session.

Well done! Glad to see you were rewarded for your persistence. When in doubt stick it out...

JerryG

thanks jerry:Big Grin:

Whaaat?? Another legal already? That's the way to start 2010. Hope you have the same luck {or confidence} the rest of the year! Good job!

Whhhhat! Took u long enough! I can see the layers of lurkness peeling off of you. lol :Big Grin: oh! and thanks for messing up my pic with dan at saveon...:Rolls Eyes::Beat Stick: :Big Grin:
Any how welcome aboard dude:Thumbs Up:
btw,nice avatar...

ldsaylor
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats on that legal! Good looking fish and props on the release.. Thanks for the report and the pics!

Normalfellow
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
nice hali!!!