PDA

View Full Version : aweful day at irvine

pasadenafishin
01-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Fished irvine on sunday. For 1 2 lbs trout. I got him trolling with a CD-5 Fire tiger rapala. The fishing seemed to be bad for everyone, which makes me feel better LOL. I trolled, powerbaited, mini jigged, and powerbait trolled for one bite and 1 fish all day.

On a good note it was BEAUTIFUL out with a small breeze and little to no chop on the water.
I still love you irvine lake, screw the haters, ill be back next week to take you on

Tight lines, pasadenafishin

hugh jorgan
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
dont feel bad i had 2 guys going with me in the boat , woke up with a flat tire on the boat trailer & decided to forget it & go back to bed , my buddies decided to rent a boat & they both only scored 3 fish total all fish weighing about 2 # each , they said they worked it hard all over the lake and no1 was catching much

thanx for the report sorry to hear it was a fishing trip & not necessarily a catching trip

i hate when that happens :Crying:

Rooster
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Trolling has been difficult the last few weeks. The flats have incredible if your in the spot. Did ya try jiggin or bait in the flats at all?

troutdog
01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah the Vine has been tough the past few days, but it will pick back up in a few days after that last full moon and a fresh stocking this week.

TD

Mondo21
01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Great attitude Pasadena! Good luck next time around. Cindy:Big Grin:

BRING IT
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
9000 visitors over the hollidays. 2 full moons. rain = not good. fresh stock +2 stocks last week. means aaaaaaa hole lot o fish. wfo l8er this week. IRVINE ROCKS

Hitts0n
01-05-2010, 01:01 AM
I will see this lake soon.....:Secret:

hugh jorgan
01-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah the Vine has been tough the past few days, but it will pick back up in a few days after that last full moon and a fresh stocking this week.

TD

9000 visitors over the hollidays. 2 full moons. rain = not good. fresh stock +2 stocks last week. means aaaaaaa hole lot o fish. wfo l8er this week. IRVINE ROCKS

okay guys i know for a fact that both of you are very talented anglers & I have read many reports from both of you but i am not buying the whole "MOON PHASE " theory.

fishing @ some of the " other" lakes has been absolutely off the hook by your own descriptions.
correct me if i am wrong but irvine & the " other " lakes share the same moon / moon phase.

answer me this PLEASE :

why is so many of the hard core dedicated "irvine" regulars fishing elswhere & reporting full limits of nice fish during the same " MOON " phase

i was born @ night but it was NOT LAST NIGHT

maybe i am wrong & irvine has it own moon , corona has another moon , & SARL has yet a third moon , or shall i say moon phase

dont get me wrong i ditched a lot of school when i was a young lad and maybe i missed that particular lesson & by no means did i master
" astronomy " in college but i just can NOT UNDERSTAND how a moon phase directly affects fishing @ 1 lake & not all the lakes in a particular region that is less than 80 miles apart, if it was tuna fishing i might buy the whole moon phase theory , but this is " stocker trout & it seems only particular lakes are being affected by this so called " moon thing "

if some1 has the answer please advise , THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Angler Dan
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I was out there on Sunday and it was dead.

I was solo and just wanted to relax and not fight the crowds on Trout Island, so I went straight to the area to the right of the launch ramp. Stayed there for about three hours (should have moved sooner, but I was in lazy mode) and saw two fish caught on shore and one on the troll. The Flats looked a bit crowded so I popped down along Trout Island and got nothing for another two hours. Called it a day and headed home.

Weather was great, very light breeze and the water looked pretty clear, but the fish were just not biting. I tried every combo/color of powerbait and power worms, as well as leaders from 20" to 8" and did not even get a sniff. Saw no one at the cleaning station at any point during the time I was there.

But I will be back also.

BigBass777
01-05-2010, 10:06 AM
A guy told me in the LMV fish cleaning station on Friday that a ringed full blue moon (every 19 years) has been the worst time he has fished. Ohhh! So he can remember fishing 19yrs ago on a ringed full blue moon? He may be right as I had a tough 3 days at Lake Mission Viejo.

I fished Lake Mission Viejo for 3 straight days (Thurs-Saturday). Thursday it was a good bite but the following 3 days sucked. Friday we caught 5 fish for 6 anglers. On Saturday my neighbor and I blanked without even a bite. This is a lake where trout limits are not hard to catch at all. They even stocked 4,500lbs of trout on Tuesday afternoon. The lake closes to fishing the day of a stocking so the fish can acclimate to the water. My friend wanted me to go with him on Sunday but I declined due to a cold that hasn't hit me full blown yet. He caught 2 on Sunday which was also a tough bite. Does it relate to the moon phase? Who knows! This weekend was the toughest fishing time I've ever had anywhere.

So me and my neighbor get a 4 hour boat rental on Saturday at LMV. We docked at 1:45pm (a 1/2 hour early). Nearly all of the boats were docked except maybe for 3 which included ours. That is unheard of at this lake. If all the boats were docked at mid day then you know it's a tough bite. Nearly everyone who came in on Saturday had no fish.

MAVERICK27
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, my two cents are this: The "other" lakes are more like big ponds made in a ditch with some airation. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means hating, BUT the fish have never acted the same at SARL or CORONA than they do at Irvine, or any other large body of water. My theory is that its a more natural habitat for them(or seemingly). I have had historically horrible fishing during full moon phases as well as pre cold front. I hate fishing pre cold front. Give me the rain during the front or drizzle at the end any day and I do very well. As far as a scientific answer?? I have none, just what I have experienced over the years to make my OWN personal opinion.

No right or wrong answer here....just all of out thoughts

BRING IT
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
:Rolls Eyes: when the fish don't bite your all hater's when thay do bite your lover's.:Angry: go fish all 3 lakes on a full moon. than go fish all 3 lakes a week later. TELL ME HOW THAT GOES 4 YOU....... OK! I'LL FISH THE VINE. you can fish the mud puddels,ponds.the lakes that r 4 times smaller & next to the freeeeeeeway:ROFL: oh, and don't forget to fish them there lakes when your rod holders 6in. away from the other guy. tell me how that bite goes for ya. WFO i assume. its not like me to RANT! THATS WHY ITS CALLED F I S H I N G not catching! ok i feel better. l8r & gl SCOTT / TEAM BRING IT:Guns: :Head Bang:

pasadenafishin
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Just an FWI. This was a report, it was not my intention to cause an argument.

to Rooster: Yeah i fished up an down the flats, with powerbait, trolling, and mini jigs

BRING IT
01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
ALLS GOOD :Big Grin:

hugh jorgan
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
just an fwi. This was a report, it was not my intention to cause an argument.

To rooster: Yeah i fished up an down the flats, with powerbait, trolling, and mini jigs

sorry sir :

My bad , i will go sit in the naughty chair , you are correct

thread jack over
thank you again for the report

CALFISHER4EVR
01-05-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.in-fisherman.com/solunar-calendar

diamondbear
01-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Maybe rising Barometric pressure [ high press.] next week theres a low coming in and the bite will probably pick up .

dixoncider
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Sometimes your just snake bit. That's all there is to it. We have all watch other people kill'em and got the helmet....

gavin310
01-05-2010, 09:39 PM
http://www.in-fisherman.com/solunar-calendar

That calendar is saying the best days to fish are the full moon or the days close to one?

CALFISHER4EVR
01-05-2010, 09:50 PM
That calendar is saying the best days to fish are the full moon or the days close to one?

Look in the top right corner of the calendar.

TroutOnly
01-06-2010, 07:28 AM
URBAN PUT AND TAKE LAKES ARE ALL THE SAME, AND IF THE MOON IS POWERFULL ENOUGH TO OCEANS JUST HOW POWERFULL IS IT, IT EFFECTS ALL LIVING CREATURES ON THE EARTH AND IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THAT THEN YOU REALLY NEED TO CONECTED TO MOTHER EARTH WHO HOSTS US ALL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THE LUNAR CALENDER IS MY MOST POWERFULL TOOL,,,,,,,,,,t/o

diamondbear
01-06-2010, 07:39 PM
To read something interesting about THE GREAT MOON PHASE DEBATE,Try Googling [ Effect of Moon Phase on Fishing ] good read. // db