PDA

View Full Version : Hali Report for the New Year

spooks
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
made my way to a new location today after reading the conditions yesterday. I decided to go Halibut hunting. the conditions that greeted me were at 9:30 AM, Sunny for the first hour after that a few clouds, with a lite wind blowing offshore, flat water a bit cold, no big waves just small ankle slappers. I did not see any birds diving or bait in the water so I thought man that's a bad sign, started to rig up tied on a Lucky Craft 95MR in salty chrome for about 40 minutes with no luck, made a switch to a Tennessee shad with no luck. so I kept waking looking for changes in the contour of the beach. Sand changes, water merging together, glass spot, etc. while still tossing my LC, still nothing.
made another color change to the American shad is now close to 2 hours in my quest still nothing. Decided to go back to the Tennessee Shad after a few more cast I was finally rewarded, it tape out at 34 inches so here's the picture.

flyngby
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Nice fat Flattie!!!!

Conditions were far from ankle deep at most places. You read the charts right today!

Steve

Wingnut
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Where were these conditions YESTERDAY?!? :LOL:
Beautiful fish, congrats! Staying persistent paid off. :Cool:

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Danggg Spooks!!
Nice job getting the family some dinner. Beautiful fish!
Isn't your report a little short? What location were you ate...:Cool:
Appreciate the report and picture..:Smile:

hbomb
01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
WoW great job, rewared indeed. :Cool:

Fire Ball
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
That is one nice hali!! Good job!

lngbchfnhnter
01-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Wow!! You got your self a bruiser there spooks!!!
Well worth the shot at your new spot.
Seems my invite got lost in the mail..lol!! Next time..:Wink:
Hope you had a nice Xmas and newyears. Take care...:Smile:

fisherman from long beach
01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
damn,thats a nice flattie there,you have alot of patience.and it paid off nicely.good eatin for sure.

gabe2008
01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
That's a nice hali, congrats.

bones
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Awesome job Spooks.......Congrats on starting the new year off right. Alot of people think all of the flatties go deeper during the winter months but hey....This is socal and just look at our weather compared to the rest of the nation. Wingnut got his PB 36" on XMAS.....I got a 27" on new years and you just got your reward. Most of the flatties being caught right now are quality fish if you are willing to work for them as you just proved. Great job setting the bar high for yourself in 2010.

Tight lines---------<><

spooks
01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I would like to thank everybody for all the good comments made
on my new years gift.
Hope everyone have a great year catching Halis.