PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2, 2010

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Decided to hit up San Onofre again , since I was skunked last time there. I slept in that morning so I didn't get there till 8:00. High tide wasn't until 9:00 so I wasn't worried about it. When I got there I arrived to this;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/untitled2-1.jpg

I thought to myself, well this looks promising...:Smile:

I headed on down to the surf with my new TD153H Coastal Baitcaster and new Diawa Tierra Rod. I had originaly planned on buying the new TD Zillion Coastal but the person at the tackle store never called me back ( BAD BUSINESS!!!). They lost out on a $400 + order, including rod, crankbaits, hooks, grubbs, leads....etc
I decided to use my new LC110 in Ghost Minnow and just watch the halibuts jump on my crankbait...:Confused: I must have walked about 10 yards when my LC got stuck and snapped off...:Angry: There goes $20 bucks!
After I lost the LC I decided to try using a 4" fluke in pearl white, they are cheaper, after an hour and no luck I decided to take a 5 minute break and try using something else.
While sitting there I was really looking at the shore and just trying to think, what am I doing wrong. I did notice the water was getting real dirty from the surf hitting the cliffs and sending alot of sediment back into the water. The other thing is my new reel is geared higher, 6.3-1 and I'm probably still reeling the same speed as my Revo S. Last, I am getting frustrated with all the rocks hitting my ankles and feet;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/untitled3.jpg

Thus, making me do more walking and less casting...:Idea:

I decided to try using some grubbs and try for some Perch. As I was walking North I noticed 4 Cormorants about 75 yards out just gobbling up the perch. OK, I'm gonna get my Perch On!!! After another hour, with not even a nibble, I decided to get back to Old Reliable, LC110 Zebra Sardine. Before I started to cast out I noticed this hitching post;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/untitled.jpg

and thought to myself, " Hell, why didn't I just bring a horse and fish from a saddle...:Big Grin:".

After another 2 hours of walking and 7 miles total walking, one way, I decided to call it quits. I hiked back up to the road and started my 6 miles back to my truck.
By the time I got back to the truck I had come to terms with my experience that day and decided, "heck, most people don't even get to the coast 2-3 times a year let alone 2-3 times a week".
I know that I am very fortunate and I will not always get fish, but I will get peace of mind and a good cardio workout...:Big Grin:

Good Luck To All Out There.

hbomb
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the white stripe but those are some very nice pictures that alone is a success bro. :Cool:

ghetto dad
01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
nice pics bro..at least you got some excersise!! lol...ull get em next time

GD

lngbchfnhnter
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't worry about skunks MA,everybody has their share of the skunk suit..
I wore it today too..:Sad: I had one snagged leo..:Embarrassed: Doesnt count....

Wingnut
01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow, seven miles! That's a lot of ground to walk & cast. :Shocked: I've made that trek once or twice from the farthest South parking lot, all the way North to the power plants and I know it's quite a haul. Boots are a must, because those stones will beat up your feet. :mad: I prefer fishing around that area at a higher tide when the water covers most of the nice structures. :Wink: Strange stuff have been pulled out of the surf there...
I admire your dedication & fortitude Robert. PM me your mailing address, I'll replace that lost LC for you. Courtesy of S.W.A.T. :Cool:

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry to hear about the white stripe but those are some very nice pictures that alone is a success bro. :Cool:

Thanks "H",
I was just looking at that first picture and if you look at the bottom right, it looks like some monster is going to eat my shadow...:Shocked:
Have a Good One!

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 09:37 PM
nice pics bro..at least you got some excersise!! lol...ull get em next time

GD

Thank You GD,
I hope your attempts at employment has been succesful. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Don't worry about skunks MA,everybody has their share of the skunk suit..
I wore it today too..:Sad: I had one snagged leo..:Embarrassed: Doesnt count....

Thanks Bro,
I really don't sweat it too much, even though my words may express differently.....:Rolls Eyes:
I really do just enjoy the relaxation and exercise of it, fish are bonus..:Big Grin:
Take It Easy
Robert

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Wow, seven miles! That's a lot of ground to walk & cast. :Shocked: I've made that trek once or twice from the farthest South parking lot, all the way North to the power plants and I know it's quite a haul. Boots are a must, because those stones will beat up your feet. :mad: I prefer fishing around that area at a higher tide when the water covers most of the nice structures. :Wink: Strange stuff have been pulled out of the surf there...
I admire your dedication & fortitude Robert. PM me your mailing address, I'll replace that lost LC for you. Courtesy of S.W.A.T. :Cool:

Thank You Arthur,
But if I give you my address, you must give me yours, so I can head up for a round of golf, on me...:Big Grin: