PDA

View Full Version : 1/3 - Our Late Night Return to NPH!

Tesserz
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Happy 2010 Everyone! :Big Grin:

So here's my first report for the new year...

I've been wanting a dropshotting rod for some time now and I finally picked one up when Jaysuuun and I dropped by the Basstravaganza event at SavOn Tackle yesterday afternoon. I got the Shimano Crucial and I absolutely love love love it!!! I was SO excited that I wanted to try it out ASAP. We decided to take a quick trip to NPH after dinner since we've been MIA from that place for months.

Took us a while to get all our gear together (well, for Jason to get all our gear together, haha) and we finally made it out there around 9:30ish. Worked our usual spots, water was still, no wind, not too cold... we were both glad to be out there. After about 15mins or so, I broke in my new rod with this guy.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/nph0103-1.jpg
(sorry about the poor quality pics.. they were taken from my phone... camera batteries were dead)

Although I wasn't particularly excited about a croaker, haha, I was glad to beat the skunk. (Oops, sorry Jason, he was still skunked from his morning trip to the jetty, lol!)

Another 15-20 mins later, I hooked into this little devil. Doesn't look like much but he was a fiesty little thing!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/nph0103-2.jpg

No bites for either of us for a little while until...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/nph0103-3.jpg

YEE-HAW!!! My last fish of the night turned out to be my PB spottie!!! :Big Smile:

Fished for a little while longer and it started getting late and wind started picking up so we were about ready to head back when I hear some commotion and Jason's got something. I put my rod down to help him out and he hooked into a big spottie too! The bad news was he wasn't in a very good position and I nearly fell into the nasty water while leaning over a wall to boga the guy, haha. But it was worth it... last fish of the night turned out to be a good one and it beat his skunk for the day.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/xotessox8/nph0103-5.jpg

We ended up leaving a little after midnight, both happy with our 2 1/2 hour return trip to NPH. I'm glad Jason didn't waste any time getting our licences (he bought them promptly on January 1st, lol!). We will definitely be back very VERY soon. :Wink:

klocked
01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Tesserz! Nice to hear from you again... Thats a nice spottie you got there! Way to go on your PB:LOL:

Jason! nice way to punk the skunk on that day:Envious:

Looks like you 2 had fun!!

HESBROS
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I see your up to old tricks Tess, shwoing Jason how it's done. Those were a couple of pig spottiies!

So, since Jason is at work, lets hit up NPH! I think I am going to head down right now! Not sure how long/late I will be there! Call Jason and tell hime to leave work early!

I been waiting for this post since he told me about your PB spottie this morning!

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Very nice Spotties for the both of you. Congrats with your PB. Enjoyed the report and pics and great way to break in your crucial...:Big Grin:
Good luck on your next outing.

Fire Ball
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, that is one NICE spottie! Congrats on the PB.

lngbchfnhnter
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Nice job guys! I too was at the basstravaganza. It was a great event,lots of great information..You two keep up the good work!:Big Grin:

vanillagurilla
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
those are some toad spotties. great job!

flyngby
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Tesserz,

Looks like you had a nice day! Visited the Basstravaganza and hopefully took in some knowledge from those talented S.W.B.A. Guys while Jasuuun was at work!:ROFL:

Very nice winter session in NPH! Although it is usually slower than normal there can be a surprise here and there for those willing to put in the time in there!:Secret:

Congrats on the PB Spottie!:Thumbs Up:

Looks like you were the savior of the day to keep your partner from having a really bad day!

I think I sense another nice report from you in the very near future!!!!! I hope you put the heat on both of them tonight!!!!! I wish I were there also!

Steve

Wingnut
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Now Tess... we all know that after you took a pic of your big Spottie, you let Jason take his pic with it too, so he won't feel so bad. :ROFL: Just kidding Jason... Beautiful Spotties you two, only outdone by your pretty smiles. :Cool:

troutdog
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Nicely done, enjoy your new setup!

TD

Tesserz
01-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Tesserz! Nice to hear from you again... Thats a nice spottie you got there! Way to go on your PB:LOL:

Jason! nice way to punk the skunk on that day:Envious:

Looks like you 2 had fun!!

Thanks klocked! I know, it's been a while since I've posted on here... Jason's been doing all the fishing and posting lately but something tells me that's gonna change. :Wink:

I see your up to old tricks Tess, shwoing Jason how it's done. Those were a couple of pig spottiies!

So, since Jason is at work, lets hit up NPH! I think I am going to head down right now! Not sure how long/late I will be there! Call Jason and tell hime to leave work early!

I been waiting for this post since he told me about your PB spottie this morning!

LOL, well Jason definitely got me back tonight for catching mostly all the fish last night. The least he could've done was let me have that last one! I'm still bitter. :mad: :LOL:

Very nice Spotties for the both of you. Congrats with your PB. Enjoyed the report and pics and great way to break in your crucial...:Big Grin:
Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks murrieta angler! I KNOW, it was the best way to break in my new rod! Unfortunately we went again tonight with Hesbros and I got skunked, boo! Oh well, looking at the piggie makes me happy, hahah.

Wow, that is one NICE spottie! Congrats on the PB.

Thanks Fire Ball, I'm hoping to catch more of those bad boys throughout the year. :Big Grin:

Nice job guys! I too was at the basstravaganza. It was a great event,lots of great information..You two keep up the good work!:Big Grin:

We got there a little late and missed a few speakers, but it was great nonetheless. :Razz:

those are some toad spotties. great job!

Thanks vanillagurilla, lol, funny name. After fishing the harbors for a little under a year now, it's my first toad! I'm taking it as a good sign for the new year. :Big Grin:

Tesserz,

Looks like you had a nice day! Visited the Basstravaganza and hopefully took in some knowledge from those talented S.W.B.A. Guys while Jasuuun was at work!:ROFL:

Very nice winter session in NPH! Although it is usually slower than normal there can be a surprise here and there for those willing to put in the time in there!:Secret:

Congrats on the PB Spottie!:Thumbs Up:

Looks like you were the savior of the day to keep your partner from having a really bad day!

I think I sense another nice report from you in the very near future!!!!! I hope you put the heat on both of them tonight!!!!! I wish I were there also!

Steve

Steve!! Yes, it was definitely a pleasant surprise... the water looked so dead, we didn't think we were gonna catch anything at first.

LOL, my success from last night didn't continue today as I got a big fat SKUNK. But it's ok, there's always next time! :Razz:

Now Tess... we all know that after you took a pic of your big Spottie, you let Jason take his pic with it too, so he won't feel so bad. :ROFL: Just kidding Jason... Beautiful Spotties you two, only outdone by your pretty smiles. :Cool:

LOL Wingnut, how did you know??? :Secret: :ROFL:

Jaysuuun
01-05-2010, 12:54 AM

LOL You got me! I just took a picture with the same fish against a different background. Oh and I pulled on the spotties tail to look skinnier too. :LOL: Tess was getting all the bites last night. I was just lucky enough to produce a fish on my last cast. :Cool: