PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 1st stripers of 2010

Fishthewhaler
01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
I started out solo trolling towards the buoyline. Hit kong island and hookedup on the backside. a nicer fish stayed deep til I got color on him. Grabbed the net and dug for him, he was right on the rim of the net about to go in. he was doing a balancing act on the net and decided to jump out of the net..minus the bucktail in his mouth. there goes one NICE feessh. UGH! Oh weel onward I go for another hour with nada. Charlie b calls and says he's at the ramp. so i make my way overr and get him and his nephew...( after about an hour of collecting their stuff and getting situated. We make ou r way out now only the whaler isn't used to 800lbs of passengers, so we head real slow towards the BL. as soon as we clear Cpoint rod goes SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE..... Fish on, charlie B draws first blood. Throw him in the cooler and "Flame" says damn, you guys really do catch em just like those dudes on TV", We all laughed!! bout half way to BL second rod goes off, this time its going to flame...Another striper hits the deck, now its photo time....They both have smiles, and I'm happy as crap that we put some 2010 stripers on the boat. All fish were caught 148 feet down on the Urig....trolled mostly 35-75feet of water. we fished fresh dines for nada acoss from main ramp, there was a little bait bite going on in the morning, but we caught the tail end of it. pulled in to a good looking spot, and the kids on the boat next to us were bendo. we anchored up and set up some bait. fished there till closing in some breezy yet fishable conditions. water was 58degrees.
FTW

Fire Ball
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Looks like you guys got a few nice stripers! They sure are fun to catch! I need to try trolling sometime.

Mondo21
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Nice size stripers. You Guys did good out there.
Thanks for the pics and report. Cindy:Big Grin:

Agro
01-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Right on guys. I think I saw you pulling up to the dock later in the day. Fully loaded down whaler... :LOL:

I was in the aluminum skiff in front of you tied to the dock.

Fishthewhaler
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Right on guys. I think I saw you pulling up to the dock later in the day. Fully loaded down whaler... :LOL:

I was in the aluminum skiff in front of you tied to the dock.

You guys were the ones w/ the top loader?? Do any good out there? Got a little choppy in the afternoon, crossing over the main channel was a bit wet, especially when i got a guy pushing 300lbs on my bow!LOL I couldn't decide on castaic or irvine, and opted for castaic. good luck out there!

TroutOnly
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
GOOD JOB FTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Fishbones
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Looks like the stripers wernt the only thing ya caught out there...LoL...420

RamboBoy
01-05-2010, 09:11 PM
good work and nice feesh

smokehound
01-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Hahaha i just crack up because you look like you're IceCube's dad.

:LOL:

Seriously though, nice job, dudes.

Fishthewhaler
01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Yea, he can probably outfish Cube, definately can't rap better than him,hehehe He's fishy just doesn't get out enough, and those daily glaucoma treatments aren;t helping the cause !!!
FTW

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
keel keel slay slay....congrats : )

It's now 2010.....do it again : )