PDA

View Full Version : Going To Silverwood -HELP!!!!!

Low Budget
01-04-2010, 11:10 AM
So me and my buddy FB just got us a new boat and decited to hit silverwood and get are lines wet this Saturday 12/9 I'm a trout and lm bass kinda guy but have been wanting to chase some striper seeing all my fellow FNN pulling them out got me exited I'm a rookie at striper so am looking for help with tackle etc any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Jay
LBFS

abbfanuc
01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
1. if other boat are out, go to the section that they are going to.

2. fly line some chovies or dines. if going deep use a c-rig. probably 1oz egg weight at the most.(u guys who are pros at this please correct me if im wrong.)

3. buck tail should also work. someone is selling some in the classified section.

4. some people use umbrella rigs for a better chance of getting a bite. (again someone is selling some in the classified)

5. look for some boils and throw a topwater lure

seal
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Toss some Pencil Poppers in the morning then switch to swimbaits as the day progreses. You may want to try vertical jigging.

The striper boils have been in deeper water.

Low Budget
01-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys appreciate it will see what happens on my first striper chase!

Lightlinejohn
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Jay,

Take a 7' Rod. Load the rod up with 8 lb Maxima Green Line. Set up a Carolina rig with sliding weight. Just enough weight to get to the bottom. Hook on a medium size Anchovie on a strong hook. Hook size is not that important, as long as it is not to big. Drop the setup down to the bottom and reel the bait up about 2' off the bottom. Slow troll or drift the area right in front of the bait dock area. When you get to the area the boats are lauching, turn around and troll the area from the swimming beach back to the dock. Do this for and hour and you will pick up two or three stripers mostly generally from 4 lbs to 10 lbs. There is a channel in that area and the fish are always moving up and down that channel. Remember, stay about ten to fifteen feet from the Dock. This method works for me, year round.