PDA

View Full Version : Mile Square

Liteliner
01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I hit up mile square for a couple hours this morning. The lake was really crowded. About 5 guys fishing and 60 comorants killing. I saw one trout that was pushing 5 pounds sitting in 6 inches of water. He was scared s@#tless from the comorant carnage and didnt wanna bite. I managed two 12 inchers caught in less than a foot of water. Both had comorant battle scars on them. It almost seemed like the comorants spear them cause they both had a stab wound on just one side of them. I hope the dfg does something about these birds. They didnt have to pay 50 bucks for a license and yet they get no limit fishing. BS!!!!:Shocked:

Troutman65
01-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Cool you got to get out and fish. There is nothing that can be done about them Comorants , They are a migratory bird and are federally protected because of that . Its sad that most of the trout being planted get eaten by them birds.

Dreamer
01-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Just hate them dam comorants. By the way, which lake were you fishing bro? Can't wait to hit up MSP again after the derby in April/May (hopefully) they have another one this year. Congrats on the catch. We got skunk at Skinner that day i called, but will be back to try my luck again.

vanillagurilla
01-04-2010, 07:40 AM
migratory my ***. coomies are the worst. i seen them eat 300lbs of trout in 2 days at tri city. not only the trout but were gorging them selfs on the shad thats in there. probly 70+ birds.

Bradakas
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Seals and Cormorants are in need of some culling!! :Shocked:

btw its nice to hear the dfg trout are 12'' with a 5lb mixed in.

ghetto dad
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
nice rocar rake report riteriner....thanks man!!

GD

Troutman65
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
nice rocar rake report riteriner....thanks man!!

GD

Liteliner, Your not the only one GD messes with in his spelling.:Wink::LOL: