PDA

View Full Version : 20lb skunk at Fairmount

carpanglerdude
01-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Hit up Fairmount today just at dusk, figured it might be a decent place with the nice weather. Tried golf course pond, not even a nibble. Threw custom topwaters and dropshot Zoom Flukes. Spent at least an hour there without any hits. Moved over to the main lake, fished off the dock, until it was really dark. Loads of action on the surface from fish, but nothing would hit my lures. I tried two different topwaters, lots of different retrieves but only had one small fish splash and miss.

Lots of other people fishing, no one catching from what I saw.

I need to break this skunk now...

Danny300
01-03-2010, 10:59 PM
the pack of racoons hit really good at about 4 a.m. lol

just need to keep putting in your time there......you'll nail a toad sooner or later.

i've skunked there the last 2 months lol

fishmounter
01-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Don't give up! Fish the west end tree roots. There's a lot of stuff from the winds floating on the surface at this end, and it gets on your line and lures, but the fish are there, under it. Not the best time of year for the bass bite, but they can be caught.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/Fairmont2pounder.jpg

carpanglerdude
01-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks, may try to hit up the place again next weekend:LOL:

smokinflies
01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks, may try to hit up the place again next weekend:LOL:

Next weekend? Hmmm...

Tight lines.

Danny300
01-04-2010, 03:26 PM
fishmounter.....wow! that darn secret lure you have gets some nice fish! i'm starting to believe :)

CL SmooV
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
dang fishmounter!

nice fish.

reminds me of the g tourney we had there....

The Angler
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
If there feeding off the top Try a buzzbait the bass at fairmount probably rarely see them and will most likely hit it.:Twisted:

If your going to fish the mount you need tons of patients and A big freaking deal of skill & talent. Then just maybe you'll get the nice fat Frog Princess