PDA

View Full Version : Cachuma Report 12/31

Greg Madrigal
01-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I fished Cachuma on Thursday between 9-2 & I got the big ol skunk! I fished in and around Harvey's Cove on a very slow retrieve w/ a drop shotted mini jig in white. I also soaked rainbow PB for nada.
I was thinking the crappie were in the middle of the cove in line where the ditch was running out from the hwy, but everywhere failed.

Later, I fished the west side of the main peninsula. Threw roostertails & other jigs for nada.

It was a glorious day so all was not lost. Saw lots of birds incl eagles & opreys. The air temp was 60 and perfectly sunny with only a light breeze. Couln't have asked for it any better.

GM<><

Troutman65
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey Greg, sorry about the skunk. Sounds like you had a great time just fishing. Thanks for posting up .:Cool:

exfactor
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Went up today(Sunday) on my boat with intentions of exploring the west end. Water was 53.6 when I started. 9:30am. Check out 30 to 50 feet on right and left sides from Harvey's up, and Johnson's up. I dropped my marker only once, and threw the jig down to see if anyone was interested. At 1:00 I pulled the plug on deep spots, and drug a couple F-7 rapalas around cachuma bay. Had my five fish by 2:30, all around 14 to 15 inches. My cat will be very happy. Water got up to 55.1 in afternoon, and it's clean on the west end, but not on the east end. Shad marks were scratchy at best, and most of the fish were holding in deep water, on the surface.