PDA

View Full Version : Lake Buena Vista 13 lber

cutbait
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Talked with my trout guru buddie, Buck from Bakersfield. Said he and a couple other Bako FNN'ers have been hooking up with some BIG trout at the lake this week and asked me to come along this morning for on the water companionship.

Ran by Wal-mart for license at 6, on the road by 7 fishing by 730. We stroll up to the spot where BakoBassn, and Buck Ligget have been busting off. Within 30 mins Buck hooks up on Powerpoop. ITS A TOAD!!! Wakes 3 ft wide, fish heads to the tulies, Buck thought he lost another big fish. Just as Buck lowers his rod, I see the fish is still hooked up and told him its still on. AND ON it was. With runs of 100 ft at a time, it wasn't long before he was across the lake. Over 100yds I am sure of it.

It looked like a Shark creating a wake as it fought on the surface. Buck gains on the fish only cause the fish turns and heads towards us. Almost snapping him in the tulies multiple times. Finally after about a 5 minute fight, he gets to the bank and starts the death roll. I noticed the hook was barely in the corner of his mouth and I make one quick scoop and got him.

13lbs 13ozs and not even his personal best!!!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/PICT0121-Copy.jpg

As you can see he has most of his tail.

It was Bucks second DD trout fish in a month. He had a 10.4 on Dec. 14th

Lucky Bastige!!!!

As far as the rest of the day went. My boy Eddie and I scraped out 3 fish and lost 3 more. Buck landed one more and lost 2 or 3.

Normal size fish.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/PICT0119.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/PICT01262.jpg

I am already hearing it. I have been calling him out for quite awhile, he being a "licensed trout guide" for Staybent and all..

Revenge my friend, revenge!!!

Lets go striper or Largemouth fishing... HAHAHA No more swimbaits.

Robo Bass
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Nice trout, that thing is a monster :Big Grin:

cutbait
01-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Forgot to add fish were caught on all the usual trout baits. Powerpoop, crawlers, and gulp

yolo
01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Great catch!

coty
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
great catch :High Five:

yolo
01-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Great catch!

great catch :High Five:

Is there an echo in here?:Big Grin:

crappiemike
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
nice size stocker... might try the lake
this year...

cm

BakoBassin
01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
It's been a team effort, but the BFIA seems to have them dialed in this year. We caught 20 between the three of us yesterday. I'm looking to beat the 8 pounder I got last week.

RAY ONE
01-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Nice fish WTG ..... It's been a while since i hit up BV might hit it up next week. Congrats.

TroutOnly
01-03-2010, 09:02 AM
WHAT LB TEST WERE YOU USING,THE WATER IS USALLY PRETTY DARK THERE IF I REMEMBER RIGHT,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,HOW MANY BAKO BOYS ARE GOING TO ISABELLA FOR THE TROUT DERBY THIS YEAR,,,,,,

cutbait
01-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I think Buck uses 8lb with a 4 lb leader. I think.

I use different rods ranging from 5 lb to 8lb. I split shot, don't like leaders.

We avoid the Isabella tourney like the plague. Its elbow to elbow and full of people of the Palmdale/Lancaster ilk.

Slowly, the whole Bako "redneck patrol" and "rednecks" word is getting back to us!

sb fishing
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Cutbait...

I think the Stay Bent Crew will be at Izzy, maybe join us? If nothing else for a beer!

Buck... what can I say, you da man!!

cutbait
01-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the invite. Might just do that.

BakoBassin
01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I went one year to the Isabella derby. The further you get from the dam area, the less people there are.

Lipripper93561
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Nice fish there. My wife and I hit up the Derby last year, and pretty much spent the 3 days trolling the lake and figuring out where the fish were holding. I met alot of nice people up there, a few got into an Alper slay in one of the marinas on garden dug up worms, he swears by them. But I also ran into the most stupid people as well, watching tents get blown into the lake, retards trolling or speeding over my line and cutting me off. The prize package is the only thing that gets me out there.

buck liggett
01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
WHAT LB TEST WERE YOU USING,THE WATER IS USALLY PRETTY DARK THERE IF I REMEMBER RIGHT,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,HOW MANY BAKO BOYS ARE GOING TO ISABELLA FOR THE TROUT DERBY THIS YEAR,,,,,,

I use 6' finesse rods with 4# PLine = super fun...The 2-4 # fish are fun.
And usually the loids just pull a bit, get frothed up & roll over. But this one about spooled me, ran, tried the weeds. Everything you could ask for? Have to admit it was cool. Some of the BFIA guys have been hitting a spot & knew it was around? I just got lucky, sorry boys:Cool:

Yes BV water is dark/muck with no flow, and the last Izzy derby we ended up fishing crappie. It gets CRAZY, collisions, crowds, heck it's funner just watching the crowd.

fishmounter
01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Cutbait- Beautiful fish! You ought to think about getting a replica mount made of that trophy Rainbow. Let me know if you are thinking about it...
Chttp://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/30rainbow1-2.jpg

sb fishing
01-03-2010, 05:06 PM
YA, Cut you should get that done!

cutbait
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Screw that 13 lb stocked, mutated beast. Was Bucks fish and all his mounts are of Jack-a-lopes, and Carp. Dude is a meat fisherman.

Fishmount, pm me a price for my 30 lb striper. Been talking with a guy from Texas who basically doubled his initial estimate after a few discussions. So I am a bit soured on him. 43 inches long, 26 girth, and 30 lbs even.

BakoBassin
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Screw that 13 lb stocked, mutated beast. Was Bucks fish and all his mounts are of Jack-a-lopes, and Carp. Dude is a meat fisherman.

Fishmount, pm me a price for my 30 lb striper. Been talking with a guy from Texas who basically doubled his initial estimate after a few discussions. So I am a bit soured on him. 43 inches long, 26 girth, and 30 lbs even.
Are you going to have a natural aqueduct habitat added to that mount?

sb fishing
01-04-2010, 08:29 AM
are you going to have a natural aqueduct habitat added to that mount?

:rofl:lmao!!:rofl:

BakoBassin
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
:rofl:lmao!!:rofl:Ya know? Like mounted on a big slab of concrete.