PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to santa ana river recently??

troutfishr
01-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been to santa ana river recently and if so how-

me and my brother have been wanting to go but i dont wana make the trip and it is dead...

anyone, Thanks~~

rdo37
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm headed up there tomorrow in the AM, I'll tell you how it goes. Haven't been up there since September.

troutfishr
01-03-2010, 12:30 PM
alright thanks waiting to here from you,

we havn't been up there for a good 2-3 years so i have no idea how it is up, hopefully it is good
Thanks,
Troutfishr

Socalcreeker
01-03-2010, 09:33 PM
was up there off of seven oaks road a few weeks ago.theres plenty of snow and ice. didnt catch anything saw a few browns by one campground .a ways up the dirt road there was a spot holdin around 20 browns but they wernt to hungry.didnt see any bows at all. but it was a fun little hike in the snow

teejay
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I fished it the first week of November. Fishig for stockers was slow. Managed to get one from the South Fork and one from the main branch. The DFG website says that they stock it through the Fall months but I believe this year they only had one stock after Labor Day.

Socalcreeker
01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
i went up there around september every other week and always got a limit of stockers plus a few c&r browns. i havnt got a brook out of there yet but will go again when it warms up a bit to much ice on the dirt road and i dont have a 4x4

troutfishr
01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
hopefully it isn't full of snow, i do not know
but if my dad goes with us he has a ford f350 4x4 so no problem but if he doesn't i guess no going because my brothers civic cant make it... hoping for the best though

and last time we went my dad seen a cougar

do you think there is a lot of bears cougars snakes right now??

Piss on Myspace
01-06-2010, 09:39 PM
bears hibernate in the winter and the snakes are burrowed deep down now. Don't know about the cougars for sure tho... but i wouldn't be too worried... If you go, dont forget the post

Socalcreeker
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM
when i went up there a couple weeks ago i was in a miata and made it a ways up the dirt/ice road

smalweld
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Was there last weekend and the fishing was slow. Rarely saw any fish and the river hasn't been stocked this year that I know of.

castle
01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
In the San Bernardino, Riverside zone, it is bone dry.We need more rain or something.

flytyingreloader
01-11-2010, 12:37 PM
The stockers that get planted in the Santa Ana River in spring/summer get diverted to the County Park lakes in late fall/winter. There are still some holdover 'bows, once you get away from the heavily-hit roadside areas. Browns, too.