PDA

View Full Version : A Bad start to a New Year 1/2/10 Dana point

fish4life
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Went to Dana point(the jetty) this morning with my uncle and brother and we got the big SKUNK :(. I started out using my aura black 100 pointer for no luck at all. Then we bought anchovies and squid. Absolutely nothing was hitting the anchovies ,but my uncle did manage to catch a baby calico(released of course) and a pinky sized sculpin lol(also released). The water was very calm and the waves were really small and it was very sunny,however i guess the fish aren't in the mood to bite. We left by 11:30 beautiful day to bad we went home empty handed.

flyngby
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Don't give up!!!!!! We have all had days like this!

Steve

Wingnut
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Steve (Flyngby) is right, don't give up... that's a really productive area to fish. Take your time to recon the entire harbor including the surrounding beaches and you will find some great spots. :Wink: Good luck!

fish4life
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the inspiration :) I'll try even harder next time to fish every place possible. Its weird though i have never caught a hali or any fish on my lucky craft lure yet(aura black 100) is the 110 that much better?

Wingnut
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the inspiration :) I'll try even harder next time to fish every place possible. Its weird though i have never caught a hali or any fish on my lucky craft lure yet(aura black 100) is the 110 that much better?

I think what you meant to say is that you used the LC Aurora Black 100SP right? The one that has only two trebles? That model does work but I prefer to use the Flash Minnow 110 version with three treble hooks on it. It dives just the right depth in the surf and have just the right action on a slow & steady retrieve. Good luck out there next time. :Cool:

Socalcreeker
01-03-2010, 11:24 PM
i was out there from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm sat afternoon hopin for some perch or opal eyes but got a skunk as well. ive had a lot of good days off of that jetty last year.i got my first ever hali off of it

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 01:24 PM
At least you went out there and tried Bro...That's all you can do...:Smile:
Good Luck Next Time