PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started

Chris_garrow1
01-02-2010, 11:47 AM
hey
my name is chris and getting started and was knowing if anyone could help me out with some tips and places to go . I live in the orangvile and folsom area amd jut looking to have fun and go for anything that wile bite i dont know were to go and wht to use.... THANKS

sb fishing
01-03-2010, 01:35 PM
what kind of fishing would you like to do? Lets start there.. There's a bunch of us that are willing to help.

Chris_garrow1
01-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Anything really, I like to just go out. Whats fun to fish for and not to hard to do for a beginner because I just got my fist pole for x mas and really tryin to get into it and have a good time. but im willng to try anything
I Just need to know what to use for wat fish what im most confused on that and good places to go to. thanks

Joshua
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you are in the Sacramento area. There should be some good trout fishing in your area.

I suggest going to the DFG website and see where they are planting fish in your area. This will give you an idea on some of the local waters
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/BayDelta.asp

Read as many reports and see what other people are using for bait and tackle.
You said you got a new rod for XMAS. What size and action . 6 foot medium action???? This is usually printed on the rod just above the handle. That will give us a better idea of the type of tackle to suggest. If you have a 7 foot tuna rod, then suggesting 4 lb test line with a #10 Owner mosquito hook, and garlic powerbait would be useless

Chris_garrow1
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
K cool thanks alot Iv got the 6 foot medium rod