PDA

View Full Version : Best place to launch tube NP Pch Bridge?

Hollywood1
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Any suggestions where the best place to launch a tube to work the PCH bridge area in the Newport marina? Im thinking of heading out tomorrow morning, if i can kick this cold tonight. It would be nice not to have to pay for parking but I don't mind if it can get me close to the water. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Poxy Boggards
01-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I am sure you could launch from Balboa Island easlily. I have never tubed NPH, but there is plenty of access on the island, which is not to far from the bridge.

There is some open sand at 15th St. on the peninsula. Good luck out there and let us know how you do. I may have to give NPH a try in the tube one of these days.

fisherman from long beach
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I am sure you could launch from Balboa Island easlily. I have never tubed NPH, but there is plenty of access on the island, which is not to far from the bridge.

There is some open sand at 15th St. on the peninsula. Good luck out there and let us know how you do. I may have to give NPH a try in the tube one of these days.
tubin is pretty sweet there you should give it try,just watch for boats alot of traffic there,but there is good places to launch all over balboa isl.

Hollywood1
01-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I ended up launch right over the railing in the Marina parking on the south side of the PCH bridge. There is a Kayak rental place right underneath the bridge. The parking was free and completly empty. I worked under the bridge and up a ways along side of the lil sand bar island. The current got pretty tough once high tide started flowing back out.

I'll have to check out balboa island next time. Thanks for the tips guys.