PDA

View Full Version : castaic lake upper 12/29 and lagoon on 1/1/10

BassButcher
01-01-2010, 06:51 PM
too busy with school so havent fished for a while. Decided to go to the upper lake on 12/29 for a couple hours. Got the rental at 2pm and off to the spot. flylined dines for 1 nice sized striper. 5-6 lbs. fished til closing at 4pm for nada.

after seeing fireball's reports decided to hit up the goon today. Haven't tubed it since summer so i wasn't really expecting much action. Launched at 230pm on the north side of the lake and made my way down south. Fished about 20-30 feet deep and the first one came on my favorite bait... the jig. worked it suuuuper slow, draggin it on the bottom. didnt feel much on the bottom but little rocks and some grass but a nice 2.5 lb fish absolutely crushed it.

A little bit more down south decided to switch to a DS roboworm. Picked up a solid 4 lb chunk. It was an awesome battle on light line. Then another dink before i left. The 2 bigger ones had huge bellies! They must be eating good.

Til next time. Tight Lines!

mark

AngryAgent
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Nice fish mang..

Been fishing the lagoon at night with swimbaits for no love..

Huddles will bring me a toad soon though.

Mr.DieHard
01-01-2010, 07:19 PM
very very nice, I hope to start fishing there in the next couple of weeks.

Fire Ball
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Those are some pretty nice Lagoon bass! You were definitely fishing the right depths. I hit the upper lake on Wednesday for my first striper and I will probably hit the Lagoon again next week. Next time you go to the Lagoon, let me know! From the pictures, it looked like the wind wasn't too bad today. That is a solid striper too.

BassButcher
01-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Thanks you guys... Definitely hit u up next time i go. I'm always looking for someone to fish with

fishntime
01-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Nice report. I sure wish I lived closer to The Goon. Oh well I guess Ill hit up DVL to get my fix.

Robo Bass
01-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice catches! Hope to see you at the lagoon sometime :Smile:

Ffejrobins30
01-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey, I totally saw you there yesterday. I was the guy standing over by where you launched. I pulled a couple small 6" LMB out of that area yesterday, but that was it. Glad to see that you had a decent day.