PDA

View Full Version : Help! NPH!

samgann93
01-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Im heading out with my small boat to the harbor tomorrow. the only launch site i saw was newport dunes but thats a long ride to pch bridge (where i want to fish). is there an area closer to launch. i dont have a trailer we just carry the boat because its only 100lbs.

Thanks,
Sam

vanillagurilla
01-01-2010, 03:38 PM
im not sure but you can hand launch from any of the small beaches in between the houses at the ends of the street i believe

HESBROS
01-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I think that the dunes will be the closest, all the street end and little beaches are on the Balboa Penn. side, so that is a longer distance. I dont know what you use for power but it really is not that far to the PCH Bridge from the Dunes.

Nessie Hunter
01-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Dunes is the only public launch site with a ramp...

Hand launch almost anywhere on Balboa Isl..

PCH bridge is pretty close to Dunes???

About the same distance, either way...

samgann93
01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
thanks guys. ends up im just gonna fish it from shore.

DockRat
01-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Redondo has a hand launch dock next to the short pier. You can hand launch at Cabrillo ramp/dock too.
DR

HESBROS
01-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Dunes is the only public launch site with a ramp...

Hand launch almost anywhere on Balboa Isl..

PCH bridge is pretty close to Dunes???

About the same distance, either way...

Yes Frank it is, IMO. I walk more than that distance when I am on foot. And I still think it is closer than Balboa Island.

calico killer kevin
01-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey sorry I missed your call today Sam. Dunes is pretty close to PCH Bridge though.

But, if your gonna fish it from shore, the usual baits at the usual spots will do you good. Try DS'ing with a lot of rod tip movement and some Gulp Shrimp or Flukes.

samgann93
01-01-2010, 11:03 PM
no worries kevin. im gonna throw around some big hammer and maybe some hardbaits. i need to pick up some other baits. lol. thanks for the help.

GeordyBass
01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
you only have a trolling motor right? That'll be a problem if you ran out of battery,,,lol,,, I like fishing the pilings with DS Jerkshads, anchovy and dine colors.... Use LC's on the beach areas too, u might strike a flattie.

HESBROS
01-02-2010, 06:12 AM
you only have a trolling motor right? That'll be a problem if you ran out of battery,,,lol,,, I like fishing the pilings with DS Jerkshads, anchovy and dine colors.... Use LC's on the beach areas too, u might strike a flattie.

LOL, thats funny, and with the huge tide swning the afternoon tide woud just take them right out of the harbor, they would have to paddle up hill.

Sam, 3 inch swimmies with a slow retrieve this time of year. The D/S also.
Good luck.