PDA

View Full Version : Perchin' Marina Del Rey?

Ifishtoolittle
01-01-2010, 01:20 AM
So, now with the Rockfish Season closed all landings will be fishing for bass. My question is while fishing for bass will there be perch in the area? I'm asking this because I do not get to fish moo moos too often. Thanks!

-IF2L

victor101
01-01-2010, 07:57 AM
YES! one of the hard parts of strucutre bass fishing is telling the difference between a perch bite and a bass bite. Theres usually lots of perch around. Drop a couple #6 hooks with strips of squid...

cappo
01-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Go on a bass trip, you'll find those annoying perch.

ghetto dad
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
YES! one of the hard parts of strucutre bass fishing is telling the difference between a perch bite and a bass bite. Theres usually lots of perch around. Drop a couple #6 hooks with strips of squid...

come on...you can tell the difference homie....i would hope....lol

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
01-01-2010, 08:28 PM
When fishing for bass come this time, it is usually WFO on the blacksmith perch. They are actually pretty good eating, but personally, I would rather ignore all the perch bites and go for a bass with leadhead and squid...

victor101
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
come on...you can tell the difference homie....i would hope....lol

GD

Its been so long...i dont even remember LOL.

Bring some 8lb test and 2oz sinkers...some #6 hooks and those perch are as fun as the bass LOL

ghetto dad
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Its been so long...i dont even remember LOL.

Bring some 8lb test and 2oz sinkers...some #6 hooks and those perch are as fun as the bass LOL

LOL Vic...TRUST ME....if i can make it out this month, I aint gonna be able to tell the difference either....and i will be SLOW on the trigger!!

GD

DockRat
01-03-2010, 06:23 AM
So, now with the Rockfish Season closed all landings -IF2L

Actually that is a false statement.

If you were at a landing and caught a rockfish it would be a legal catch if you were not on a boat. Or if you went out from a landing on a boat you could take rockfish on scuba or skin diving.

Example; The owners son at Redondo Sportfishing caught a huge 19 lb Sheephead off the short pier at the sportfishing landing. I don't know what month it was a couple years ago but if it was 'off season' it would still be legal to keep since it was shore based.

4. Divers and shore-based anglers are exempt from season and depth restrictions affecting the RCG complex and other federally managed groundfish (except for lingcod). However, when spear fishing during a boat-based closure, only spearfishing gear is allowed aboard any vessel or watercraft. Also, when angling from shore during a boat-based closure, no vessel or watercraft may be used to assist in taking or possessing species included in this table. The following definitions describe boat-based and shore-based anglers, and divers:

Boat-based anglers are fishermen that fish from boats or vessels of any size or any other type of floating object, including kayaks and float tubes.
Shore-based anglers are fishermen that fish from beaches, banks, piers, jetties, breakwaters, docks and other manmade structures connected to the shore.
Divers are spear fishermen entering the water either from the shore or from a boat or other floating object.

RCG Complex (including all species of Rockfish, Cabezon and Greenlings) Boat-based Anglers4:
Open: Mar 1-Dec 31
Closed: Jan 1-Feb 28
Divers, Shore-based Anglers4:
Open year-round

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/bfregs2009.asp#south

DR

Ifishtoolittle
01-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Actually that is a false statement.

If you were at a landing and caught a rockfish it would be a legal catch if you were not on a boat. Or if you went out from a landing on a boat you could take rockfish on scuba or skin diving.

Example; The owners son at Redondo Sportfishing caught a huge 19 lb Sheephead off the short pier at the sportfishing landing. I don't know what month it was a couple years ago but if it was 'off season' it would still be legal to keep since it was shore based.

4. Divers and shore-based anglers are exempt from season and depth restrictions affecting the RCG complex and other federally managed groundfish (except for lingcod). However, when spear fishing during a boat-based closure, only spearfishing gear is allowed aboard any vessel or watercraft. Also, when angling from shore during a boat-based closure, no vessel or watercraft may be used to assist in taking or possessing species included in this table. The following definitions describe boat-based and shore-based anglers, and divers:

Boat-based anglers are fishermen that fish from boats or vessels of any size or any other type of floating object, including kayaks and float tubes.
Shore-based anglers are fishermen that fish from beaches, banks, piers, jetties, breakwaters, docks and other manmade structures connected to the shore.
Divers are spear fishermen entering the water either from the shore or from a boat or other floating object.

RCG Complex (including all species of Rockfish, Cabezon and Greenlings) Boat-based Anglers4:
Open: Mar 1-Dec 31
Closed: Jan 1-Feb 28
Divers, Shore-based Anglers4:
Open year-round

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/bfregs2009.asp#south

DR

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

DockRat
01-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I was kinda being a smartass but it is true.
DR

Ifishtoolittle
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I was kinda being a smartass but it is true.
DR

It's good to know if I ever get a boat.