PDA

View Full Version : N. Ventura County 12/31

rusty6
12-31-2009, 01:51 PM
I was driving back up to san luis earlier this morning from home and decided to hit up the surf real quick. Turned out to be an awesome choice. Pulled up to the one and only spot i fished today. The tide had the water all the way up to the rocks. All i had to do to get into the zone was toss my line maybe 5 feet out from the rocks. It was a fish or bite on every cast. I caught about 40 perch in an hour...the vast majority were dinks but i did pull in about 10 that were 7-9 inches and two hogs that were about 14" each...one of them, a spawning male, may have been larger than that but i didnt get a chance to measure him as a wave smacked him up against the rocks and snapped my line. With nothing else to retie, i had to leave way earlier than i had wanted to.

murrieta angler
12-31-2009, 07:29 PM
40!!!!
Dangggg, nice job Rusty6. I definately have to hit up Ventura County for some surf fishing..:Smile:

Jaysuuun
12-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Sounds like you found the honey hole on them perch. It's always a bummer to leave them biting, but I think 40 perch in an hour is more than enough action.:Fishing Catch: