PDA

View Full Version : Catalina 7/7

dschmaltz
07-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Another run to Catalina; some days on the water don't go according to forecast or plans.

The weather man was a long ways off. The 4am forecast said calm and nice. I wish he was with me on the way back across. He could have drank some of the sheets of water from the wind driven waves. Oh well, I don't mind it so bad in the summer....the winter ones are a different story.

The best looking fish of the day.
http://calmetro.com/fishing/cat0709%20002.jpg

I got back to the breakwater about 2pm and thought it was too early to go in so I trolled one small pass along the wall. The wind was whipping so bad that I had to troll with it.....it felt like I was trolling 10 knots....literally so fast that it was hard to fish the wall....managed 4 Calico in about 30 minutes and decided to call it a day. I don't like fishing in the wind when the boat becomes uncontrollable.

I guess it must have been considered rough seas because the Lifeguards were rescuing a small boat that was capsized at the mouth of the harbor.

Brad100
07-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Amen! Unless you're REALLY hardcore, fishin' ain't no fun in bad weather... rough seas, wind, etc. I usually head back to the bay for some fun and calm fishing!