PDA

View Full Version : Another try at the duct

M@M
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
5:15-9:45am 4 spots. Rat L traps and bucktails . Water not moving. Windy with very light rain.Fish caught 0:Confused:

Lipripper93561
12-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Keep it up, the duct is just one of those spots you have to put the time in to produce.

fishinone
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I can tell you the secret to successful duct fishing.

Go often. Post when you catch fish.:ROFL:

M@M
12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Am I being punked! Went out again this am. Definitely will post if I catch one. So far just losing lures ....caution.. fishing near bridges. I think too many people throw junk into duct at the bridges. Where are the fish???????

Jig-Guy
12-31-2009, 12:12 PM
M@M, did you get the PM I sent you? Let Me know.

tracker13
12-31-2009, 12:23 PM
In my freezer!!:ROFL: Sorry bro, could'nt help it. On the real though, you'll figure em out, with a couple minutes of luck, some confidance and a lot of persistance you'll get them jailbirds. Good Luck in the new year, and i'll pm you also a couple things that work around Bako.

fishinone
12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
OK, kidding aside! Look for current breaks. Like inlets and outlets to the siphons, outlets and inlets to the locks, above and below bridge abutments, and bottom features. Below many of the curves there is a sandbar that creates a current break, they cut diagonally across the duct from the inside of the curves. When the water is moving you can see the affect of the current breaks on the surface.

Also look for places were bait can hide, like grates. Especially if it's near a current break.

yolo
12-31-2009, 03:07 PM
And after all that, still get skunked :LOL: Khanh, Hai and I hit it hard today and covered every possible spot but we got the big ole skunk.

cutbait
12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
I see all the reports of skunks of yours on the first page. I wanna say, your due big time!

Its going to be so sweet when you land that first one. Keep at it!

M@M
12-31-2009, 04:24 PM
M@M, did you get the PM I sent you? Let Me know.
Yes. Just got it.

OK, kidding aside! Look for current breaks. Like inlets and outlets to the siphons, outlets and inlets to the locks, above and below bridge abutments, and bottom features. Below many of the curves there is a sandbar that creates a current break, they cut diagonally across the duct from the inside of the curves. When the water is moving you can see the affect of the current breaks on the surface.

Also look for places were bait can hide, like grates. Especially if it's near a current break.
Thanks info appreciated

And after all that, still get skunked :LOL: Khanh, Hai and I hit it hard today and covered every possible spot but we got the big ole skunk.
I KNOW the feeling!!

I see all the reports of skunks of yours on the first page. I wanna say, your due big time!

Its going to be so sweet when you land that first one. Keep at it!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm starting to feel just plain stupid standing out there for hours and not even a bite. I never see anything in the water, as far as baitfish, shrimp,etc. Get some dead clam shells on the lures. I'd just be happy to SEE a fish.
Maybe in 2010, YEAH!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!:Smile:

M@M
12-31-2009, 04:39 PM
In my freezer!!:ROFL: Sorry bro, could'nt help it. On the real though, you'll figure em out, with a couple minutes of luck, some confidance and a lot of persistance you'll get them jailbirds. Good Luck in the new year, and i'll pm you also a couple things that work around Bako.

Thanks, Tracker13 and Happy New Year! Looking forward to pm. I appreciate all the help I can get!