PDA

View Full Version : Working Hard in NPH 12/29

calico killer kevin
12-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Took care of all the business I needed to and was out the door with the kooks in tow an hour and a half past noon. Beeline for my favorite fishing hole to see that the tide's the lowest I've ever seen.

Now, I haven't fished for at least a month due to scheduling conflicts, so naturally, the way to keep my urges in check is to buy things. I've accumulated so, so many new baits it's mindblowing. I've even gone as far as purchasing a Cardiff 100 and a Sustain 1000. I'm a psycho...

But, back to the report. So we went through about 30 docks with not so much as a bite to show for it. Worms, Ikas, cranks, swimies, yadda, yadda, nothing. Halfway through the normally hot area, we ran into Steve(Flyngby). Surprisingly, on shore rather than from his platform. BS'ed for a bit and picked up a technique from him. Put it into action shortly after and all three of us hooked up in short succession. From then till closing, we were putting a hurt on the spotties of all sizes.

A 10'er for me
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/KevinPhanSK/IMG_0188.jpg

12'er for Kevin and a whopping 17'er for Nick.
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/KevinPhanSK/IMG_0189.jpg

Check out how skinny this guy is.
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/KevinPhanSK/IMG_0190.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/KevinPhanSK/IMG_0187.jpg

Have a pleasant and safe New Year everybody.

P.S. Nice meeting you today Steve. Thanks again for all your help and your generosity. Couldn't have succeeded today without your helpful tips. Wishing you good mojo for the coming year and the best for you and your family.

murrieta angler
12-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Just finished reading Steve's report and then, low & behold, here is yours..:Smile:
That's one of the great things about this site. You get to meet some of the regulars while out and about and most always one of you has the inside track on the fish food for the day...:Cool:
Enjoyed the picture of the 2 fishing by the posted "No Fishing" sign.
Good luck in the coming year and hope you have a Safe & Happy New Years.
Robert

hbomb
12-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Nice pics especially the last one cracks me up.

NooB SaBass
12-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Just finished reading Steve's report and then, low & behold, here is yours..:Smile:
That's one of the great things about this site. You get to meet some of the regulars while out and about and most always one of you has the inside track on the fish food for the day...:Cool:
Enjoyed the picture of the 2 fishing by the posted "No Fishing" sign.
Good luck in the coming year and hope you have a Safe & Happy New Years.
Robert

Same hahaha thats funny, Can't wait for tomorrow Rob I got a good feeling bro....But n-e waz sounds like you guys had a killer time good job on the spotties out there...
Last pic=:ROFL:
see ya in da 10!

BIGRED KILLA
12-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the pics and report the best fishing is always the NO FISHING AREAS.

Bigred

flyngby
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Kevin X 2 and Nick,

Nice to run into you guys on your turf last evening! Sorry we were working it in opposite directions or we could have chatted more and shared more info! At the same time thanks for being so kind to leave them up the beach for me and sorry you had to work farther down past where I had picked some out before you arrived!

Glad the DS worked for you guys! It is the go to when they are a little lethargic and finicky!
It still took your guys skills to adapt and get onto the bite! The bite definitely picked up as the shadows hit as the water was very clear. It got even better as darkness fell. I had to give up due to not being able to see after busting off 2 rigs and trouble retying in the dark!

Nicks nice Spottie is hopefully skinny due to dropping some future generations into the harbor.

Nice chatting with you again back at my truck and exchanging the software!

Happy New Year Guys!!!!!

Steve

Fire Ball
12-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Spotties look awesome! Good job. I love the picture of you guys in front of the no fishing thing! :ROFL:

ghetto dad
12-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Nice report kid.....lmao @ that "no fishing" pic!!

During the winter, I have also noticed i catch more VERY skinny bass....Im wondering if it has something to do with the 42,000 seals in that harbor....eating everything...destroying property..etc..nothing for the bass to eat.....but, as the treehuggers would say "but theyre SO cute"...yeah...whatever...something needs to be done about those things...in AND out of the harbor....when they start destroying property.....people losing money cuzz of them..etc...they are no longer "cute"

good job man

GD

DockRat
12-31-2009, 07:38 AM
Beeline for my favorite fishing hole to see that the tide's the lowest I've ever seen.

The tide will be REAL LOW today. Says - 1.7 in my tide book.
We had a 1.8 back in July Good time to do Recon and check sandbars.

Full Moon New Years Eve.

Wednesday Dec 30, 2009

12:53 AM Low 2.2
7:08 AM High 6.6
2:41 PM Low -1.4
9:06 PM High 3.7

Thursday Dec 31, 2009

1:42 AM Low 2.0
7:53 AM High 6.8
3:23 PM Low -1.6
9:43 PM High 4.0

Friday Jan 1, 2010

2:34 AM Low 1.8
8:39 AM High 6.8
4:02 PM Low -1.6
10:24 PM High 4.2

Saturday Jan 2, 2010

3:25 AM Low 1.7
9:27 AM High 6.5
4:44 PM Low -1.4
11:07 PM High 4.3

Sunday Jan 3, 2010

4:21 AM Low 1.7
10:16 AM High 6.0
5:26 PM Low -1.0
11:52 PM High 4.5

Jaysuuun
12-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Kev, nice report. The ds always seems to produce when everything else fails. That is quality spottie nick has got there. Looks like it missed out on christmas dinner. LOL It's a good thing the you were able to hook up with steve on the sand and get a few pointers. He is indeed a harbor master. :Cool:

fishshep
01-01-2010, 08:27 AM
:ROFL::ROFL:MAN!!! that pic of you two fishing right by the
no fishing sign cracked me up :ROFL::ROFL:brought
out that mischievious little kid in me !!!

Reminds me of seeing the same at Redondo Harbor :ROFL:
Was gonna join the kids down there slayin the bass on the docks
to , but felt emparassed :ROFL:to. The kids they tell to leave, The
old farts, they ticket.:ROFL:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff109/dshepard_2007/IMG_0187.jpg

ldsaylor
01-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Great job out there in the harbor guys! Some quality spotties you got there.. Thanks for the pics and the report!