PDA

View Full Version : Orvis "Pro Guide 3 Waders" opinions please!

klocked
12-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Anyone used these before? How do you like them? I'm heading to Orvis in Pasadena to see what they look and feel like before I drop the $CASH.ola Any opinions? I've heard SIMMS are great and all but I'll wait till later to get those:LOL:

Thanks...

http://images3.orvis.com/orvis_assets/prodimg/861KL8SF1.jpg

AngryAgent
12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=861k

I read some of the reviews and I would be super hesitant to buy these waders from what I read in the first row of reviews. You can get a pair of Simms from Ebay for around 2-3 c-notes why not just get some of those and be worry free?

Jaysuuun
01-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Don't forget to pick up a float tube with those waders. :LOL:

HESBROS
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, do they make float tubes that big?

Jaysuuun
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Why yes, the Outcast Fat Cat can hold up to 300lbs. :LOL:

klocked
01-03-2010, 10:24 PM

Wachu mean by dat buddy?:Envious:

klocked
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=861k

I read some of the reviews and I would be super hesitant to buy these waders from what I read in the first row of reviews. You can get a pair of Simms from Ebay for around 2-3 c-notes why not just get some of those and be worry free?

In the first row of reviews, 10 of 12 people gave them either 4 or 5 stars. I could see a problem if every review claimed it to be an inferior product.
I cant find any reviews on the Simms products, although most say they are great waders.

Thanks for lookin out though:LOL:

klocked
01-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Don't forget to pick up a float tube with those waders. :LOL:

Jason, that's definitely on my list....soon...real soon!!

AngryAgent
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
In the first row of reviews, 10 of 12 people gave them either 4 or 5 stars. I could see a problem if every review claimed it to be an inferior product.
I cant find any reviews on the Simms products, although most say they are great waders.

Thanks for lookin out though:LOL:

They are leaking at the seams of the pants from what I have read not only on that link I provided. For 2-3 c-notes I wouldn't even bother. Simms is where it's at spend your money wisely. You can find Simms waders for the same price.:Wink:

murrieta angler
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I happen to have some and after 8 trips they now have a hole in the foot and are coming apart by the inseam. In my opinion it seems they don't have enough room for bigger legged people. I have rather skinny legs...:Rolls Eyes:

klocked
01-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the input guys!

AngryAgent, thanks for giving me a push in the right direction.

I went and bought the Simms Headwaters today.

I had planned on maybe the G3's but after comparing them to the
Headwaters, there were alot of features on the G3's that I don't
think I will need.