PDA

View Full Version : Great Time @ Corona 12/29

Prowler_Tuber
12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Well my day actually started Monday after noon. I was on base at work and my boss came in the building and told all of us we could have Tuesday off and gave us 24 hours of special liberty SCORE!!!!!!! So immediately decided to go home spool my reels and get my things together for a day of fishing at Corona. I got to the lake that night around midnight and crashed out in the Tundra. Since I was the first in line, I made it out to the Dam/Spill way area to launch. I was on the water at 0610...I mean 6:10am. The water was 45 degrees and was 15’ deep which was down from the week prior which was 17’. It was still dark but you could see the silhouette of the hills and anglers on the shoreline. Someone started a campfire. I kicked out towards the dam and started to work the trout jigs I made (White Pepper Flake with an Berkley Orange Peel trout worm) 1/32oz. On my third cast I hooked on to a small White Crappie, my other rod bowed over in the holder and I hooked on to another crappie…..Man I thought it was going to be one of those days where I catch all crappie and no trout. It was about 5 min until seven when I got my first trout of the day. The little guy slammed my jig and put up a decent fight. I was happy that my jigs were working so well. I kicked out along the east shoreline to where the rocks meet the grass line and slam another one not bad 2 trout and 5 little crappie (C/R) before 0730. made it to the old trees and kicked back and forth for about 2 hours picking up 2 more small trout which "fell" of the jig some how…..Well I guess today was a stock day cause the truck came and it was a big *** truck. They dumped off all their fish, the bite was on all over the place for about 30 min, and then it was dead. I got one on the Silver/pink with white tail jig I made up. After that I just relaxed and kicked around the lake, came across some guys who caught a small catfish in that cold *** water…kind of strange I thought. I tossed a bunch of other baits. I got a bag of nitro worms, which I have never used so I was like what the hell. I tossed it out and nothing I was about to dump that worm but I made one more cast and hooked on to a nice 3 pound Tail Walker…great fight and it was a lot of fun. I was at my limit so I kicked back towards my truck as I passed the rocky shore line my jig got annihilated I knew it wasn’t a trout cause the way it fought. The crappie was my PB of the year (It must have been my new team 57 Shirt) it was just a lil over 2 pounds on the scale. It was thick like a brick and round like a plate. What a way to end the year. In total I had 5 trout for 10 lbs and one nice *** crappie.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/guamboas/IMG_0469.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/guamboas/IMG_0470.jpg

JAG107
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Great report, thanks for sharing. Way to slay those crappies!

troutdog
12-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Great way to end the year indeed, wtg out there!

TD

Troutman65
12-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Nice read. Congrats on your limit :Cool:

crappiemike
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
thnx for your report and pics...

cm

Trout 1
12-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Great job out there man!!

Trout 1