PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 12/28...........

King Halibut
12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
FNN'ers,

Hit the Vine on Monday with a buddy of mine from work. He has two boys (8 and 12) that are learning to fish and we have made it kind if a tradition to meet up over the holiday break to let them catch some fish.

This is our third year. The first year (their first) they caught more trout than they knew what to do with as everyone limited. Last year was really slow as we managed only one fish.

This year they were out of the car and ready to go!

We put four lines in the water which was more than enough for me to manage at once!

A couple hours in, first fish about 4 lbs. which I caught and my buddy netted. Really nice fish!

An hour or so later the second fish hit an we let the youngest reel it in, it was hilarious!
Back and forth, over and under but he finally got it close enough for his dad to net, another nice fish about 2lbs.

The third fish was about a half hour later and this time it was the oldest boys turn. It worked him pretty hard but we were able to get it close enough for dad to net it and on the stringer it went.

As they live in the San Diego area and had a long drive home, we called it a day at noon.

Three fish:

One on Night Crawlers
Two on Power Worms (White & Orange) dead-sticked.

Just a note, on the last fish a hawk took off from a phone pole and made a dive for the fish as it swan on the surface of the water. Apparently the fish dove just as the hawk hit the water because he obviously missed. Quite a sight!
The kid was fighting the fish and a hawk!

Beautiful day.

Happy New Year to all.

KH

MAVERICK27
12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Great report and happy to see the kids have fun. That's what its all about!!! I can't wait until my little twins can actively fish. Hopefully they will be excited like those guys were! Thanks for sharing!!

Troutman65
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice report KH. Glad the kids had fun fishing.:Cool:

Prowler_Tuber
12-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Awesome I hate seeing that damn hawk land a fish when the bite is dead though. Sounds like they had a great time.