PDA

View Full Version : Late Report: 12-27

StoughtyRods
12-28-2009, 09:00 PM
My friend Joey's kids (Noah 12 yrs & Nathan 8 yrs) were in town from Nebraska for the holidays and the boys wanted to do some fishing while they were here. They were so excited to go fishing (and so was I to tell you the truth). They came over to my house the night before and helped tie all the swivels, leaders & hooks to the rods that way we would be ready to fish when we arrived. So we decided that I would pick them up at 5 am and get to the lake early enough to get a couple of breakfast burrito's before we started fishing. We arrived at 5:30 and were the last car in the second line.

After a couple of breakfast burrito's and just before they opened the gates, my buddy Brett shows up with his dad (Gene) and his daughter (Kylee). They were running late so they skipped breakfast burrito's until after they set-up their rods. The plan was to fish the flats and we found a nice open area that all 7 of us could fish without being crammed together. The signs looked good as we were putting bait on the hooks. Trout were boiling, the water was flat and had decent clarity. I thought (hoping) we were going to limit out pretty quick. That didn't happen! We caught 2 fish with our 8 rods out and Brett's group caught 2 fish. Brett & Gene were kind enough to let Noah and Nathan reel in the fish since Kylee wanted nothing to do with the cold outside the truck. She was content staying wrapped up in her blanket, reading her book inside the truck where it was warm! We called it a day about 1:30. Here are some pic's from the day:

ghetto dad
12-28-2009, 09:58 PM
excellent report man.....thanks

GD

Angler Dan
12-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice report. Anytime you can go fishing with the youngsters is great. Fish are just the extra bonus.