PDA

View Full Version : Another practice session at the duct

M@M
12-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Did a lot of exploring today Started at 7:15 at CHECK 64 395.11. Threw soft bait (pearl) with darter jig head. Was first time using darter jig, I really liked it's movement. Used it all day.
Water not moving. Lots of grass clumps floating around the last two days. Water pretty clear. An hour flew by. Left to find some new spots. Fished about 20min. at hwy 395 too noisy. Followed the duct up to (390.38) Baldy Mesa Rd (drove) fish for 30min. Found another spot (391.11) Goss Rd. I liked this spot very quiet, fished 30 min was 10:45 had to go. The poles that hold the ladder didn't have caps (will be perfect for holding a bait and wait pole) I'm going to give this place another shot soon. You'd think I would, at LEAST, get A BITE out of just pure chance. I'm not working right now so fishing the duct here is a good time killer and the weather has been great. It's also much improved my casting along with every other aspect of my fishing. Call me crazy but I do enjoy it, but I'd be lying if I told you it wouldn't be nice to catch a fish! I'm going to go to fish at Silverwood next week. But I'll be back.:Neutral:

Lunker1979
12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
I'll be in your shoes next. I'm going to start duct fishing too and I'm sure I will nevr catch anything either. I think I am going to start at night though. I live in Oak Hills so I'll be fishing Hesperia / Apple Valley area. Let me know how to do it when you figure it out.......heheh

M@M
12-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I'll be in your shoes next. I'm going to start duct fishing too and I'm sure I will nevr catch anything either. I think I am going to start at night though. I live in Oak Hills so I'll be fishing Hesperia / Apple Valley area. Let me know how to do it when you figure it out.......heheh

I hope some one catches a striper! I haven't given up. Maybe I'm just a FNN bad fisherman!!:Secret: See you out there!

yolo
12-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Don't neglect those "noisy" bridges. I have caught many stripers at noisy bridges.

vortec_cruiser
12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear you're still finding those waters pretty tough. Just hang in there. Things will change.