PDA

View Full Version : Another blow to Redondo Beach?

bman90278
12-28-2009, 08:09 AM
I hope this isn't another blow or loss to the City of Redondo Beach...I was just checking out www.redondosportfishing.com and noticed the following note on their home page.

DEAR FELLOW ANGLERS,

DECEMBER 18, 2009

AFTER MUCH THOUGHT THIS YEAR, DEE AND I HAVE DECIDED TO BEGIN A NEW ADVENTURE IN OUR LIFE , AND WE ARE PUTTING THE REDONDO SPORTFISHING LANDING ,TICKET OFFICE ,TACKLE SHOP UP FOR SALE AND ALSO OUR CHARTER BOAT BETTY-G.

INQUIRES, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE AT

(310) 372-2111-EXT-4

I wish them the best of luck in a sale and that whoever makes a purchase decides to keep them at the same location.

cappo
12-28-2009, 09:23 AM
wow that sucks. Hope they can find new owners.

hakaveli
12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
In other news the COROLOMA will be an overnighter in redondo beach . :) saw it in the marina yesterday as it came in

ghetto dad
12-28-2009, 12:40 PM
In other news the COROLOMA will be an overnighter in redondo beach . :) saw it in the marina yesterday as it came in

I heard they werent sure what the coroloma was going to do...thats a big project to put those bunks back in that boat.....since they took them out..

and as far as im concerned....new ownership is needed at that landing....

GD

hakaveli
12-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I heard they werent sure what the coroloma was going to do...thats a big project to put those bunks back in that boat.....since they took them out..

and as far as im concerned....new ownership is needed at that landing....

GD

bunk will be put back in as that was the deal to get it in that landing . It will be an overnighter

ghetto dad
12-28-2009, 01:19 PM
bunk will be put back in as that was the deal to get it in that landing . It will be an overnighter

u get any free trips yet from them? lol

that will be cool...i used to work on that boat when it was an overnight boat.....

GD

Ricky-Ray
12-28-2009, 01:33 PM
In a way good and bad. John and Dee were nice people but they just didn't have the right business mentality when it came to customer service. I wish John and Dee the best on their new venture.

Hopefully someone will pick up the landing, given the right people to run it IMO it has very good potential.

cappo
12-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I think Ricky Ray should buy the landing.

ghetto dad
12-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I think Ricky Ray should buy the landing.

hell yeah juan....i can run the office and you can be the comp tech...ricky will over pay us cuz were his homies of course..and FREE fishing!!!

GD

Ricky-Ray
12-28-2009, 03:18 PM
hell yeah juan....i can run the office and you can be the comp tech...ricky will over pay us cuz were his homies of course..and FREE fishing!!!

GD

Why can't I be the comp tech?

Christmas bonuses would be whatever is left in the bait tanks on the 24th of December.... :ROFL:

hbomb
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
hmmm, perhaps LOL.

dixoncider
12-28-2009, 04:07 PM
......bait....

DockRat
12-29-2009, 05:19 AM
I hope this isn't another blow or loss to the City of Redondo Beach...I was just checking out www.redondosportfishing.com and noticed the following note on their home page.

I also read in 'The Log' Redondo is getting a new bait boat & bait service co too.

DR

DockRat
12-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Old postcard of the City of Redondo on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/X0753-Deepsea-Fishing-Boat-City-of-Redondo-California_W0QQitemZ370310457869QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5638392a0d

Check this out; 1920's the 'Fullerton' converted 4 masted schooner in Redondo
noted 'The largest fishing barge in the world' and a deck full of fish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CA-1920-REDONDO-BEACH-CAL-FISHING-BARGE-POST-CARD_W0QQitemZ250547668051QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3a55ce0453

DR

jerryG
12-30-2009, 01:13 AM
I remember the landing was for sale a few years ago. I’m not really sure if it has been for sale all this time or if they just put back up for sale recently.

I used to fish the Coroloma out of Ventura Harbor. It was a good little boat and the late Gary Implom who was the former Owner/ Operator of the Coroloma was a good skipper. He always kept the boat on fish.

It’s ironic that Gary’s boat will be going to Redondo because Gary played a key role in the old Redondo Sport Fishing Landing. He built their boats including the Black Jack and the Pursuit. I never really cared much for the Black Jack because the deck was so high off the water but I like fishing the Pursuit. The Coroloma was built to run to trips from Point Loma to the Coronado Islands which is why it was named the Coroloma (Coranado Islands/ Pt. Loma).

JerryG