PDA

View Full Version : T/O "King of Castaic Stripers"

hugo c
12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Went on a guided outing with T/O Guide Service the day after Christmas. We fished Castaic in the afternoon.

Bob is a lot of fun and very knowledgable. He explains trolling tactics and shows how things work through examples. I even took notes. Money well spent on an exceptional teacher and new friend. Don't spend "hit n miss" hours and $$ trying to teach yourself striper tactics. Hire T/O. It will be the best fishing investment you can make. I even learned a lot about trolling for trout.

Castaic Lake is beautiful. The drop-offs amazed me. We'd be fishing close to shore, yet the depth finder would show 50ft. of water. I plan to fish this gem more often in the future.

Below are a few pics. It was chilly; therefore I donned my S.D. Charger Woolie.

I caught all schoolies. Note the picture showing a single whopper. :Wink: Don't laugh, dudes. This is the first striper that I've ever caught. This giant has meaning for me. :ROFL:

The other pic shows a few more, and there were even more (not shown) on the deck of the boat.

Thanks for taking a striper newb out, Bob. It was a memorable day for me.

AngryAgent
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Nice fish:Envious:

What was the cost...

How long were you out with the sensei...

Holla

Robo Bass
12-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Nice catches, glad the TO worked out so well for you

cutbait
12-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Great title!

He taught Feel the peel everything he knows!

DEADROOTS
12-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Good job on your firsts!

DEADROOTS-

fishinone
12-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Nice slay Hugo.

Striper aren't hard to catch as long as your doing the right things. Your on them now, you couldn't find a better teacher than T/O.

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
congrats on your 1st striper....you now have "the feva" ! the dark side is falling upon you....you will sell your dogs and cats for tackle.....hock the family ring...

Anything for that "one more" hookup !

Ha ha ha ha

No reallly welcome...

Good choice on going out with Bob..

Congrats on the catches.

And P.S
The big fish are hard to get to go right now at castaic, you did really well.

Salute !
Gary

hugo c
12-28-2009, 09:09 PM
The cost of a guided trip was $200 for one-half day. I felt that it was worth it, since I've never fished for stripers. Bob's a pretty laid back dude and is fun to fish with.