PDA

View Full Version : My dirty little trout secret....

Fishbones
12-27-2009, 10:44 AM
my dirty little trout secret is a crappie jig with the skirt removed and a big and i meen big ol chunk of bright green powerbait with 2lb test and launch it as far as possible wait for the line to settle then slow crank and drag the bottom or twitch it like a jig or just let it sit. what i like about this method is the hook and weight is hidden so snags are limited and just having one thing tied to your line enables you to cast much farther, you can adjust action of bait and sinking speed by changing crappie jigs weights.the reason i use crappie jigs is because the powerbait forms and sticks to it well and the weight is distributed evenly and make it glide thru the water with ease and for a little extra action i add half a power worm before applying the bait.........goodluck......fishbones:Surprised:

AngryAgent
12-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Cheeseballs on lead heads:ROFL:

You cheater:Envious:

Nice tip

FLYFISHING MD
12-27-2009, 12:27 PM
just in !!!!! breaking news!!!!!the use of powerbait will be illegal staring jan.2010 :!!!::!!!::!!!:nice tip

fishincrave
01-08-2010, 08:01 PM
just in !!!!! Breaking news!!!!!the use of powerbait will be illegal staring jan.2010 :!!!::!!!::!!!:nice tip

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

RiversideTrout77
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey nice tip I'll have to give it a try sometime.
I'm usually a bait and wait guy, but starting to get tired and wanting to try something different.