PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve @ THE VINE

driven2fish
12-26-2009, 08:32 PM
First time out to Irvine Lake in over 7-8 years! We had a BLAST!!!!:Big Grin:

Pulled into line at 6am on the dot. Took a few minutes to roll in. Went straight to the WEST SHORE:Cool:, set up, and got bit all day long!

We used inflated crawlers, some dipped in sauce and some just straight up. And also threw some dough bait, some dipped in sauce and some not. Leader length ranged from 14"-20", and of course was on 2lb test! It was really a bunch of fun. Fishing on Christmas Eve...I don't know, we just had such a great day out there.

I missed a bunch of bites, only because we had our poles kinda spread out...and the fish were being really aggressive. They would hit the bait, and if you weren't right on-it to set the hook, the fish would have that extra 5 seconds to launch straight into the air and throw the bait. I seriously had 4 fish pull this trick on me...each time it took only about 5 seconds total, and in each time I saw the fish pull a major jump about 25 yards from the shore.

But we did land 6 fish:Big Grin:. All of which pulled real nice, and gave us just what we were looking for...A MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT
12-27-2009, 05:52 AM
GREAT JOB & COOL PICS MERRY X-MAS :Big Grin:

Mondo21
12-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Nice day out on the water. Thanks for the report and pics. Cindy:Big Grin:

Angler Dan
12-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice job! Have to love that Irvine Lake sunrise.

troutdog
12-27-2009, 02:07 PM
SWEET report, the trout head pic on the fingers reminds me of black olives as a kid! :LOL:

Thanks for sharing here on FNN, looking forward to more reports from ya....7-8 years since Irvine, where you been!? :Wink:

TD

driven2fish
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for sharing here on FNN, looking forward to more reports from ya....7-8 years since Irvine, where you been!? :Wink:

had moved to northern California for a spell...saw some HUGE steelhead caught. i lived in humboldt county, near the SIX RIVERS NATIONAL FOREST, where there are literally six huge rivers which dump out into the ocean. World class fishing for sure! I've seen those HUGE steelhead fall for the simplest / most old school lures...like "red devil" spoons!

then i had moved out to Idaho...and again found myself surrounded by world class fishing spots.

Back in SoCal now...AND LOVIN" IT!!!!!!! really dig this site too. It's cool to see all the different people and stories that swirl around the great sport/lifestyle of fishing!And with all that, we can't wait to get back out to IRVINE again.:Cool:

TD[/QUOTE]

Sue
12-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Welcome home! Great report and glad to have you on the boards!