PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Present from Poseidon. Xmas Morning PB Halibut 12/25/09

Wingnut
12-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Went to Midnight Mass with my family last night… the service was a two hour celebration of what the Holiday Season is all about. :Big Grin: Took the hour and a half drive back home to the Valley and pulled into my driveway at 3:30am. I thought to myself… why not just stay up and head out to the surf to fish the grey light for a couple of hours. Since the swells are projected to get pretty big by Saturday and Sunday, I figured why not? Make Christmas Day my last trip to the surf this year. I’ve been working like a madman for the last few weeks and really needed to get out there to relax. At most, I can only fish for a couple of hours since I have to assist with aToy Drive at the local Children’s Hospital.

Conditions:
Very cold and clear morning. There was a light film of ice on the windshield when I left the house and the outside temperature reads 34 degrees. By the time I got to the location it was 46 degrees. Started fishing about an hour after high tide, swells 1-2 feet, excellent water clarity with very little salad. Small 1-2 inch baitfish in the water.

Fishing duration:
6:45am to 8:30am

Technique:
Throwing hard baits.

Fish count:
(2) Legal Halibut
36” Personal Best (released).
23” Kept (the “only” legal Halibut I took home this year).

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture002-9.jpg

Details of the morning session:
Started throwing the LC in the grey light… after about 45 minutes with no action, I finally hooked up. Brought the fish into the shallow surf where I can see that it was a nice grade Flattie about 25-26 inches. Just as I was thinking to myself it’s gonna be a great Christmas morning… ZING! The LC comes flying back at me and the Hali was gone. :Evil:
I stood there for a moment shaking my head, muttered some unpleasantries and then kept moving and throwing. Nothing is going to ruin my mood, it’s Christmas Day! :Big Grin: I come across a small kelp bed within casting distance and started tossing the LC around it. On about the third cast, the LC stops dead in its tracks… I swing away. Solid pressure and no movement… I said “Damn, I’m hung up in the kelp…” I started pulling hard and what I thought was kelp was moving very slowly towards me with a massive amount of pressure… I thought for sure I had a personal best kelp strand on the other end of the line. :LOL:

Then all of the sudden the kelp started to pull back… and hard! I guess the fish finally realized that it was hooked because it took off with a solid ten seconds or so drag burning run. :Shocked: Now, I have to mention that I just got this Pluton reel back after getting it repaired & serviced by Frank (Nessie Hunter) and the drag was buttery smooth. Great job and thanks Frank! :Cool: I knew that all my gear was in tip top shape and I was ready to handle anything… now only if the hook-set was solid, my #12 Steez line doesn’t break and my knot holds… I’ll be in good shape. :LOL: I remember saying to myself… “This is the one Arthur… this could be the one…” For about ten minutes or so… the battle between Fish & Man raged on… the tug of war continued as the fish took line and I struggled to gain it back. Somewhere in the chaos, the fish shot up to the surface, only once, and slapped its tail out of the water couple of times… giving me the first glimpse of what I was dealing with. With the fish taking less line and going on fewer and shorter runs… I knew that I was finally in control as I brought the Flat Boy gliding into the first set of surf where it continued to run parallel to the sand and refused to come in with the sets. The warrior fish was going to make me work for the prize and I was more than happy to obliged. I un-holstered my Boga Grip and waded into the surf to go after it… My arm went down into the foam, the clip snaps into place on the lower jaw of the beast and the prize was secured. I knew instantly that this fish was bigger than my previous best of 34”. Looks bigger and felt heavier.

I looked around to see if anybody was on the beach to take some pics… not a soul in sight. So I propped the camera on a rock, set the timer and took some solo shots. Measured it up, took a few more pics and back in the surf it went.

Elated, I just stood there, looked up into the clear blue sky and whispered “Thank you…" Somewhere in the distance, I swear that I heard the sound of sleigh bells and the jolly voice saying “Ho, ho, ho… Merry Christmas!” And a very Merry Christmas it was…

Next on the horizon… the 40” Hali Club. :Wink:

Epilogue:
I continued down the beach for the next half an hour or so and got a couple of short strikes. Then, just as I decided to pack up and call it a morning… fish on!
A nice and plump 23” Halibut hit the sand. I kneeled down and said… “Lucky one, you will be the last fish I catch from the surf this season and the “first and only" one that I kept all year…” :Cool:
To end the year with a personal best and be blessed with a fresh Halibut Christmas dinner… you can’t script it any better than that… God bless us all… everyone.

Merry Christmas everybody!

“If you don’t have Christmas in your heart… don’t bother trying to find it under a tree.””

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture028-3.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture030-2.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture031-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture029-2.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture027-3.jpg

Let’s see if I can get this right for all the tape measuring “experts” out there. :LOL:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture024-3.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture025-3.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture026-3.jpg

The release! In keeping with the S.W.A.T. Code “NEVER kill your personal best.”
Probably stayed out of the water a little longer than I wanted it to, but it revived nicely, shot out of my hand like a bullet and swam off strong.
Live long and prosper, I’ll see you again when you’re a 40+. :Twisted:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture033-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture032-1.jpg

The “Lucky” 23” Flat Boy… filleted and ready for Christmas dinner.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture037-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture038-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture039-1.jpg

The battle worn hardware… Thoroughly raked and all three trebles damaged, two broken, one bent. :Shocked:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture041-1.jpg

Parting shot:
Wingnut Pugs says, “A Halibut for a Christmas present…? Bah humbug! Do you want me to clean it too?” :Rolls Eyes:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture003-4.jpg

troutdog
12-25-2009, 03:19 PM
WHAT A X-MAS present!!!! Congrats on the PB halibut, safe to say you paid your dues :LOL: Enjoy your fresh halibut dinner!

TD

bsp
12-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Arthur, that is an incredible catch. It seems like the flatties always go on a feeding binge before the swell gets really large, and you capitalized on that with stunning results. I am a firm believer now that winter flattie fishing is a great time of year to target the big girls. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!

Congrats on ending the year in a fantastic way, and can't wait to hit the surf again with you soon! :Big Grin:

Marc

Juntao
12-25-2009, 03:24 PM
You are the man and catch the big ones.Nice catch and merry christmas present.:Cool:

lngbchfnhnter
12-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Unbelievable!!:Applause: Nice going wingnut! Wish me some of your luck tomorrow!:Big Grin:

Fire Ball
12-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow! That is one nice halibut!! Awesome job! I wonder when I will be able to hit the surf again and try and get my first halibut.

TheFishcatcher
12-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Man! That Hali is a beast bro, can't end a year better than that. Big congrats.
D.D

fishshep
12-25-2009, 04:33 PM
OH, MAN !!!! :Rolls Eyes:
You just set the bar preety high for this coming year
for all of us surf fishers !!!
I think I am :mad::Angry: and :Big Grin: to see that at the same
time!!! :ROFL:

blackwater
12-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Holy smokes!!!! :Shocked: You are beyond lucky! If I could catch a Halibut like that every time I go to church I'd be in church EVERY week! :LOL: You're such a good dude Art and the Man above rewards you for being his light. This has been quite a year for you in the surf buddy and you deserve everything. Guess what Lauren got me for Christmas? A 2010 fishing license. I will put it to good use in the New Year and head out with the SWAT crew just ike the old days. What a great Christmas present, congrats. See you at the New Year's eve party buddy. :Cool:

olfishergal
12-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Arthur, thank you for all the great reports this year. I couldn't fish like I wanted to in the surf this year, but reading your reports has more than made up for it. I was right there with you. Congrats on your PB's this year. Many more to come. The good guys do win!!!! Very happy X-mas and New Year to you.....Chris

Nessie Hunter
12-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Dude!!! Thats an Awesome flattie!!!!!!!

WTG on the catch & the release also...

I stood there looking up into the air and said, "Thank You"!!

Your Welcome!!! J/K.... LMAO...

Good thing you had the Pluton in your hand, couldnt ask for a better weapon against that Monster.

Have a Cool Yule and a Frantic First!!!!!!!!!!

Nhatster
12-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Personally, I would have kept the 36" flatty and released the 23" flatty. :LOL: But that's just me. :ROFL: Nice going bro, you've always been the lucky one. :Envious:

TopwaterTony
12-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Congrats on the PB. That is a great way to end the year. Merry Christmas to all.

TroutOnly
12-25-2009, 06:20 PM
GREAT FISH ARTHUR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

bones
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Arthur......What can I say.....You deserved it for sure. I've spent countless hours in the surf with you my friend and your patience,persistance and an honorable code to "Live or Die by the LC" has paid off for you more than once. I couldn't have wished for a more perfect XMAS present for you today. It's nice to know that I was the first person you called with the news.
Metalic Ayu strikes again baby!!!! She is a beautiful flattie for sure and I must admit that I'm very envious there brotha!!!
Thank you for being a great friend and a big thanks for the B'DAY and XMAS gifts. You know I will get alot of use out of them. I couldn't have asked for more from a very special individual.
All of the things you have done for myself and others has put you at the top of the list with Santa,Poseidon and GOD my friend and I remember when you told me that God always listens to you......I definately am a believer for sure.
Thank you so much for being an inspiration to all who cross paths with you in life.Whether it's here on the FNN or somewhere else in your personal life.....you set a good example of what hard work and giving is all about.

PONTOON
12-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Arthur,

As soon as I got your text that the post was up I ran over to my dads computer and checked it out and I'm going to repeat what has already been said ......... You, My Friend, deserved that fish for all you hard work and persistense!

Congratulations Arthur!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Merry Christmas to you but hey, you've still got New Years Day!
How about that report on the 40"

FishNFurious
12-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Some guys have all the luck, and I mean ALL the luck. :Envious:
Beautiful fish there buddy, i bet you won't ever forget this christmas day anytime soon. Merry christmas and happy new year to you and yours.

Rooster
12-25-2009, 07:37 PM
What a beast... Simply awesome bro.. Congrats and thx for the great report and pics... Hope 2 cya someday out on the waters

Santa Fe Eric
12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Man Wingnut!
What an awesome report! I love the transition from Christmas Mass to Pulling Halibut out of the surf. You are indeed a good man and definitely a light to others!

Eric

Badbeat
12-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Bro, your reports is pure entertainment. Everytime I read one I just shake my head in amazement. :Envious: If there's a surf fishing Hall of Fame, you're there. We missed you at the Christmas party last night but I know you were with your family. Keep up the great job, I can't wait to see what crazy feats Wingnut has in store for us next year. :Wink:

Your brother from another mother,
Binh

Brewfish
12-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Art - It's so fitting that you should be rewarded in this way. Merry Christmas, congratulations, and thanks for all you've given to our fishing community.

murrieta angler
12-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Arthur....What can I say!? You are truly Blessed.
The picture was absolutely fantastic of that 38" Halibut and then to get that Jordan (23") for your last halibut of the year was perfect to cap off the morning and long night.
2010 is definately going to be a challenge for that 40", but if anyone can pull it off, it will be you...:Big Grin: Good Luck in the future and Have a Safe and Happy New Years..

fish_sauce
12-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Arthur,

Thankyou for your well Holiday wishes, I hope you had plenty of good time with friends and family, and CONGRATS on the nice Christmas day PB :Wink:

This past year has been so hectic for me, i have not had as much time on the water as i wanted...but next year should be a little bit easier, and of course, that would translate to more fishing time! And if luck would have it, maybe i'll run into you at Newport or Malibu!

Keep up the AWESOME work Arthur! With all the hard work, detail, and time you put into the sport, i wouldn't be at all surprised if you would shatter that PB of yours soon :Cool:

Andrew

NooB SaBass
12-26-2009, 06:31 AM
!O.O...:Shocked:
wow that thing is a beast! really good job bro have no doubt you will hit that 40 in a few months...
AMAZING!!!!
:Worship:

ldsaylor
12-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Simply Awesome!! Your surf reports are always a great read Wingnut! Thank you for them.. Congrats on the PB Hali! What a beauty!

Quick question? I have never surf fished but would like to get out there and try. Is there a good website or something that you can recommend to check current and upcoming surf conditions? Just don't want to drive long distances to find unfishable conditions.. Would appreciate any tips on that.. And great job yet again!!

saltman
12-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Arthur, you call it wright to go surf fishing on christmas morning and to catch your personal best, Congrats I will see you in 2010.

Also thank for helping out with the toy drive. God Bless you..

Ram..

exfactor
12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
You da mannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! You forgot to show us the teeth marks in our carrot stick though. But seriously, good job. Shopping for new waders now. Mikey

flyngby
12-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Arthur,

Awesome Day!!!!!:Not Worthy:

No one could have written a better script or given you a better Xmas Gift than what Poseidon had planned for you on this day.:Big Grin:

In the past year I have been fortunate to witness what you are all about! You are an unselfish Leader with excellent "Core Values"

You put so much time and effort into helping others on and off the water!!!!!!!!:Thumbs Up:

Good Things happen to Great People!!!!:

Steve

PS. I had no Idea that the one I farmed :Farmer:last week was that big!!!!!!:Bug Eyes:
But I am glad her lip healed and was on the chew again!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Envious:

Wingnut
12-26-2009, 10:17 PM
WHAT A X-MAS present!!!! Congrats on the PB halibut, safe to say you paid your dues :LOL: Enjoy your fresh halibut dinner!

TD
Thanks Aaron... I pay my dues on a regular basis buddy. :LOL: Have your self a great New Year. Maybe we can "Hook Up" at Irvine Lake one of these days. :Big Smile: I wonder if those big stockers like the LC.

Arthur, that is an incredible catch. It seems like the flatties always go on a feeding binge before the swell gets really large, and you capitalized on that with stunning results. I am a firm believer now that winter flattie fishing is a great time of year to target the big girls. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!

Congrats on ending the year in a fantastic way, and can't wait to hit the surf again with you soon! :Big Grin:

Marc
Feeding frenzy...not binge Marc. :Wink:
You know what I always say, I'm the luckiest fisherman ever... right place, right time. I seem to have that down pretty good. The Hali bite in the winter may not be fast & furious, but the quality of the fish is definitely better. Hope you're feeling better... and we will hit the surf again very soon.
BTW - The 23" Halibut that I kept yesterday had almost completely developed egg sacks in it. :Shocked:

You are the man and catch the big ones.Nice catch and merry christmas present.:Cool:
Yes, it was a very nice Christmas present from the Man above!

Unbelievable!!:Applause: Nice going wingnut! Wish me some of your luck tomorrow!:Big Grin:
Good luck wherever you're going... looking forward to your successful report!

Wow! That is one nice halibut!! Awesome job! I wonder when I will be able to hit the surf again and try and get my first halibut.
The more often you get out there, the more chances you will get to reac that goal F.B. You'll get one soon, just keep at it and don't give up!

Man! That Hali is a beast bro, can't end a year better than that. Big congrats.
D.D
Thanks man, it was the perfect way to end the year in the surf for sure.

OH, MAN !!!! :Rolls Eyes:
You just set the bar preety high for this coming year
for all of us surf fishers !!!
I think I am :mad::Angry: and :Big Grin: to see that at the same
time!!! :ROFL:
The only bar that matters is the one you set for "yourself". :Wink: When I hit the surf, the only one that I compete with is myself. Have a great New Year buddy, may our paths cross many time in the sand...

Holy smokes!!!! You are beyond lucky! If I could catch a Halibut like that every time I go to church I'd be in church EVERY week! :LOL: You're such a good dude Art and the Man above rewards you for being his light. This has been quite a year for you in the surf buddy and you deserve everything. Guess what Lauren got me for Christmas? A 2010 fishing license. I will put it to good use in the New Year and head out with the SWAT crew just ike the old days. What a great Christmas present, congrats. See you at the New Year's eve party buddy.
I have never asked the Man above for a big Halibut Phuong. I only ask that I have the strength to be ready when the time comes... As for being 'His" light, most people in this world go through life acting like they're bottles to be filled, when they should consider themselves candles to be lit. :Cool:
We only had the chance to fish with each other only a few times this year buddy, mostly for Stripers. But we have to make a point to hit the surf together more often in the New Year, just like the old days. Let's see if we can make that happen my friend... I would like that. Have a great New Year and see you soon!

Arthur, thank you for all the great reports this year. I couldn't fish like I wanted to in the surf this year, but reading your reports has more than made up for it. I was right there with you. Congrats on your PB's this year. Many more to come. The good guys do win!!!! Very happy X-mas and New Year to you.....Chris
Chris, I enjoyed sharing my reports with all of you as well. Hopefully, you can get out to the surf more often next year and please come to the next surf event! I would love to share the sand with you...Hope you had a nice Christmas and have a fantastic New Year.

Dude!!! Thats an Awesome flattie!!!!!!!

WTG on the catch & the release also...

Your Welcome!!! J/K.... LMAO...

Good thing you had the Pluton in your hand, couldnt ask for a better weapon against that Monster.

Have a Cool Yule and a Frantic First!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Frank... your confidence level sure gets a boost when you know that your gear is in order.
Have a great New Year buddy.

Personally, I would have kept the 36" flatty and released the 23" flatty. But that's just me. :ROFL: Nice going bro, you've always been the lucky one.
That mentality won't get you on the squad Nhat. :LOL: But I'm not worried for my Flat friends. I think the last legal you caught was about three years ago... am I right? :ROFL:

Congrats on the PB. That is a great way to end the year. Merry Christmas to all.
Thanks Tony, your turn to get yourself a legal! Have a great new Year.

GREAT FISH ARTHUR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o
Thanks Bob, when things settles down, we'll get back out there again. I have to try and get that DD Striper on the Superman pole before it's too late. I hate to lose a bet with Phuong!

Arthur......What can I say.....You deserved it for sure. I've spent countless hours in the surf with you my friend and your patience, persistance and an honorable code to "Live or Die by the LC" has paid off for you more than once. I couldn't have wished for a more perfect XMAS present for you today. It's nice to know that I was the first person you called with the news.
Metalic Ayu strikes again baby!!!! She is a beautiful flattie for sure and I must admit that I'm very envious there brotha!!!
Thank you for being a great friend and a big thanks for the B'DAY and XMAS gifts. You know I will get alot of use out of them. I couldn't have asked for more from a very special individual.
All of the things you have done for myself and others has put you at the top of the list with Santa, Poseidon and GOD my friend and I remember when you told me that God always listens to you......I definately am a believer for sure.
Thank you so much for being an inspiration to all who cross paths with you in life. Whether it's here on the FNN or somewhere else in your personal life.....you set a good example of what hard work and giving is all about.
The only regret that I had catching that fish, is that I did it alone... I wish that I had all my close friends with me to share the moment. People whom I know, that are genuinely happy for you when you do well. I always feel that way when I'm fishing with you buddy. I can't wait for the day that I can celebrate with you guys when you all get your personal best.

The Man above listens to those who listens to Him...

I'm looking forward to another fun and memorable year with the S.W.A.T. Crew buddy. It's going to be a fantastic New Year!

Arthur,

As soon as I got your text that the post was up I ran over to my dads computer and checked it out and I'm going to repeat what has already been said ......... You, My Friend, deserved that fish for all you hard work and persistense!

Congratulations Arthur!:Thumbs Up:

Merry Christmas to you but hey, you've still got New Years Day!
How about that report on the 40"
Thanks Terry.. I knew that you would get a kick out of it.
The 40" Hali will be a tough goal to achieve, I may not succeed, but I'm going to have a heck of a fun time trying!
Hope you're recovering well buddy... prepare yourself for more grand adventures in the New Year. :Big Grin:

Some guys have all the luck, and I mean ALL the luck.
Beautiful fish there buddy, i bet you won't ever forget this christmas day anytime soon. Merry christmas and happy new year to you and yours.
Luck usually comes to those who never have to depend on it...
Yes, I will always remember Christmas Day 2009!

What a beast... Simply awesome bro.. Congrats and thx for the great report and pics... Hope 2 cya someday out on the waters
Thanks Rob, I'm sure your paths will cross somewhere out there on the water. :Cool:

Man Wingnut!
What an awesome report! I love the transition from Christmas Mass to Pulling Halibut out of the surf. You are indeed a good man and definitely a light to others!

Eric
Right back at ya Big "E".
Pretty funny huh...? Going from one extreme to another... I live a well balanced life! :LOL:
Have a great New Year my friend.

Bro, your reports is pure entertainment. Everytime I read one I just shake my head in amazement. If there's a surf fishing Hall of Fame, you're there. We missed you at the Christmas party last night but I know you were with your family. Keep up the great job, I can't wait to see what crazy feats Wingnut has in store for us next year.

Your brother from another mother,
Binh
Thanks Binh... it's been such a fun year for me on and off the water. Business wise, not so great... but privately... everybody is healthy & happy, nothing to complain about. :Cool:
Thanks for everything, wishing you & your family a prosperous and Happy New Year.

Art - It's so fitting that you should be rewarded in this way. Merry Christmas, congratulations, and thanks for all you've given to our fishing community.
Dave, thank you for your kind words... I appreciate that very much. Have a blessed New Year!

Arthur....What can I say!? You are truly Blessed.
The picture was absolutely fantastic of that 38" Halibut and then to get that Jordan (23") for your last halibut of the year was perfect to cap off the morning and long night.
2010 is definately going to be a challenge for that 40", but if anyone can pull it off, it will be you...:Big Grin: Good Luck in the future and Have a Safe and Happy New Years..
The Hali was a 36".. but thanks for the extra confidence. :Cool:
What happened Christmas morning was like a dream... I found myself going back in time with the Ghost of Christmas Past and reliving some of my fondest Christmas memories and feeling like a kid once again. :Big Grin:
Best wishes for the New Year to you & yours!

Arthur,

Thankyou for your well Holiday wishes, I hope you had plenty of good time with friends and family, and CONGRATS on the nice Christmas day PB :Wink:

This past year has been so hectic for me, i have not had as much time on the water as i wanted...but next year should be a little bit easier, and of course, that would translate to more fishing time! And if luck would have it, maybe i'll run into you at Newport or Malibu!

Keep up the AWESOME work Arthur! With all the hard work, detail, and time you put into the sport, i wouldn't be at all surprised if you would shatter that PB of yours soon :Cool:

Andrew
Thanks Andrew and really great to hear from you again. Hopefully, you will find some time next year to join me in the surf. You are getting a personal invitation from me to fish with the S.W.A.T Crew... RSVP anytime you're ready. :Wink: Happy New Year!

!O.O...:Shocked:
wow that thing is a beast! really good job bro have no doubt you will hit that 40 in a few months...
AMAZING!!!!
:Worship:
Thanks Private NooB SaBass! You're well on your way yourself... keep up the nice work out there. Maybe someday, our roads will cross in the sand. :Cool:

Simply Awesome!! Your surf reports are always a great read Wingnut! Thank you for them.. Congrats on the PB Hali! What a beauty!

Quick question? I have never surf fished but would like to get out there and try. Is there a good website or something that you can recommend to check current and upcoming surf conditions? Just don't want to drive long distances to find unfishable conditions.. Would appreciate any tips on that.. And great job yet again!!
Thanks, writing the reports is half the fun. I'll shoot you a PM shortly, but there are never any guarantees out there. There's been many times that I've done my homework to choose the most perfect and ideal conditions only to hit the surf and find it a disaster area. Being prepared will give you a better chance of success... but won't guarantee it. Sometimes, you just go out there and hope for the best. Let me know when you're ready to hit the surf... I'll try to steer you in the right direction. :Wink:

Arthur, you call it right to go surf fishing on christmas morning and to catch your personal best, Congrats I will see you in 2010.

Also thank for helping out with the toy drive. God Bless you..

Ram..
There was a bright Star in the sky that night... and I just followed it, bearing silver & gold Lucky Crafts. :LOL:
Thanks Ram, have yourself a great New Year!

You da mannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! You forgot to show us the teeth marks in our carrot stick though. But seriously, good job. Shopping for new waders now. Mikey
I have to stop chewing on my Carrot Stix... it voids the warranty. :LOL:
We really need to fish together more next year Mikey... Happy New Year buddy!

Arthur,

Awesome Day!!!!!:Not Worthy:

No one could have written a better script or given you a better Xmas Gift than what Poseidon had planned for you on this day.:Big Grin:

In the past year I have been fortunate to witness what you are all about! You are an unselfish Leader with excellent "Core Values"

You put so much time and effort into helping others on and off the water!!!!!!!!:Thumbs Up:

Good Things happen to Great People!!!!:

Steve

PS. I had no Idea that the one I farmed :Farmer:last week was that big!!!!!!:Bug Eyes:
But I am glad her lip healed and was on the chew again!:ROFL::Envious:
Steve, seriously... that might have been the same fish! :Shocked: Thank you for playing Farmer Johnson so that I may have a Christmas to remember. :Envious:
Steve, it has been a pleasure spending time in the surf with you this year and watching your progress and accomplishments first hand. Your success, is my success... you have come a long way my friend. You know that I choose to fish with and surround myself with only a handful of people. I am very slow in choosing my friends... and even slower in changing them. Thanks for allowing me, to be your friend. :Cool: Looking forward to another great year.

jerryG
12-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Amazing! Congratulations Arthur. Might be a little too big for a stocking stuffer but it looks like you got the perfect gift on Christmas morning. Well deserved.. What can I say, you have once again amazed me my friend but I am not surprised. No fish is safe when you are on the job. I agree with the points made by Bones, Black Water, and Flyinby. If everyone shared your values the world would be a much better place.

I have always been a firm believer that good things happen to good people. I also believe that God rewards those who help others unconditionally. Luck has little to do with your success. Your consistency is the direct result of your knowledge, skill and positivity combined your relentless dedication and commitment to success. The fact that you were out there in the cold on a solo mission for the grey light bite on Christmas is a strong indication of your dedication. The fact that you attended mid-night mass demonstrates your faith and strong commitment to the man above. The fact that you had to leave the beach early to go help out with a toy drive at a childrens hospital shows your unselfish and genuine commitment to helping others. You are truly an inspiration to all Arthur.

Jerryg

ghetto dad
12-27-2009, 07:36 AM
NICE fish brother.....nice job on the release too!!! Take care

GD

greg
12-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Arthur - As the others have stated - nice job on da hali! :Worship:

Looking at your pics in the past, you have many of the different designs that were ever made for the LC FM's plus a few of your own creations ! :Shocked::EyePop::Shocked:

blackwater
12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Amazing! Congratulations Arthur. Might be a little too big for a stocking stuffer but it looks like you got the perfect gift on Christmas morning. Well deserved.. What can I say, you have once again amazed me my friend but I am not surprised. No fish is safe when you are on the job. I agree with the points made by Bones, Black Water, and Flyinby. If everyone shared your values the world would be a much better place.

I have always been a firm believer that good things happen to good people. I also believe that God rewards those who help others unconditionally. Luck has little to do with your success. Your consistency is the direct result of your knowledge, skill and positivity combined your relentless dedication and commitment to success. The fact that you were out there in the cold on a solo mission for the grey light bite on Christmas is a strong indication of your dedication. The fact that you attended mid-night mass demonstrates your faith and strong commitment to the man above. The fact that you had to leave the beach early to go help out with a toy drive at a childrens hospital shows your unselfish and genuine commitment to helping others. You are truly an inspiration to all Arthur.

Jerryg

Perfectly said Jerry, that's our boy! The man is a living Saint. :Big Grin:
Hope we can all fish together next year. :Cool:

Troutman65
12-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Nice PB But you had there Arthur.:Cool: Thanks for posting up. May the New Year bring you a bigger one . :Wink:

yacker
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Great read as usual Arthur. Congrats on the awesome Hali! A great way to end the year and I'm sure that 40" is in the near future. We enjoy reading all of your posts. Thanks.
Happy New Year!

jerryG
12-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Thanks Blackwater. Looking forward to fishing with you soon. Hopefully we can all get together to fish while this winter bite is still hot.

JerryG

HESBROS
12-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow Arthur, that was a beautiful flattie! I think you shorted yourself on the length, I would say 38 on flat level ground! Well just in time for a new PB so you have a whole year to beat it!

I was asking Steve the day we were in the surf just how big he thought the flatties in thesurf could be, guess you took care of that question.

As I said, I too now look forward to fishing with you in the surf.

Bring on your S.w.A.T. (Slow Walking And Tired) mission!

Happy Holidays! (I know you already did)

vanillagurilla
12-28-2009, 08:23 AM
That is a pig of a fish wingnut. id love to join you guys one day just to learn and see how its really done lol. my pb is only 28" but i lost one that my friend caught right after i lost it that was 36". oh well i atleast pride myself on 17 legals this year. but you killed my numbers by FAR. to bad im stuck fishing local id like to try zuma or the BU next year. good luck to your future adventures wingnut!

Fisherman57
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
SIMPLY EPIC!

Congratulations Arthur on your flattie of the year!

Now normally I'd say "congrats on your new PB"... but somehow I have a feeling this fish wont be your PB Hali for very long! ........

I know that 40"+ is just around the corner.......

Even though your Redskins didnt have the best of seasons....... and my Packers backed into the playoffs and probably wont last past the first round....., Christmas wishes do come true!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/pack57helmet.jpg

bsp
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Feeding frenzy...not binge Marc. :Wink:
You know what I always say, I'm the luckiest fisherman ever... right place, right time. I seem to have that down pretty good. The Hali bite in the winter may not be fast & furious, but the quality of the fish is definitely better. Hope you're feeling better... and we will hit the surf again very soon.
BTW - The 23" Halibut that I kept yesterday had almost completely developed egg sacks in it. :Shocked:

Got it now. :Cool:

I think Thomas Jefferson describes you perfectly with his quote, "The harder I work, the luckier I get." You take that mentality and apply it to everything in life like JerryG said. Crazy about the egg sacks too... the second/first spawn may be on in a month or two. Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2010 brings for SWAT!

BIGRED KILLA
12-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Sweet report Arthur congrats on the PB Hali and her younger sister. That 40"+ is coming your way and that DD saltwater striper will be right behind it. That was very nice of you for doing the toy drive not to many people would do, You made a lot of kids very happy over the holidays. Poseidon and Santa rewarded you for all the good work you did this year with a PB Hali on Christmas even tho it was not gift wrapped its okay lol.

Thanks for the report and happy New Year..

Bigred

Wingnut
12-28-2009, 08:00 PM

Jerryg
Jerry, you are too kind in your words for me... I appreciate that very much my friend. It's not that hard to do the right things in life, some people just choose not to do it.

When it comes to fishing, I still believe that I'm luckier than most people. Some of the things that comes my way while I'm out there defies logic and I just have to classify them as dumb luck. :LOL: The people who has been fishing with me for any length of time will attest to this fact. But hey, I'll take good luck over bad luck anyday. :Wink:

I will agree that dedication & determination will set you apart and get you ahead of the pack. This holds true not only in fishing, but in life. And you know what they say... if you love doing something, you will do it well. I'm blessed enough to have that luxury in both my professional and private life and I take none of it for granted. :Cool: My parents has taught us to always give without remembering, and to receive without forgetting...

As for you my friend, I admire your resolve in any cause that you believe in and are as passionate as myself when it comes to the well being of the ocean and our sport. I'm really looking forward to fishing with you in the coming New Year, it's going to be a lot of fun! :Big Grin:

NICE fish brother.....nice job on the release too!!! Take care

GD
Thanks Steve... the release was mandatory, in keeping with the S.W.A.T. Creed. :Big Grin:

Arthur - As the others have stated - nice job on da hali! :Worship:

Looking at your pics in the past, you have many of the different designs that were ever made for the LC FM's plus a few of your own creations ! :Shocked::EyePop::Shocked:
Thanks Greg, it's fun to create your own "Bling" when it comes to the Lucky Crafts. :Wink:

Damn guys... trust me, I'm no Mother Teresa. :Big Smile:

Nice PB But you had there Arthur.:Cool: Thanks for posting up. May the New Year bring you a bigger one . :Wink:
Thanks Patrick, have yourself a great New Year.

Great read as usual Arthur. Congrats on the awesome Hali! A great way to end the year and I'm sure that 40" is in the near future. We enjoy reading all of your posts. Thanks.
Happy New Year!
It it's meant to be... that 40" will come my way someday. Happy New Year buddy.

Thanks Blackwater. Looking forward to fishing with you soon. Hopefully we can all get together to fish while this winter bite is still hot.

JerryG
Definitely Jerry, you will enjoy fishing fish Phuong, he used to carry my extra rod and backpack. :ROFL:

Wow Arthur, that was a beautiful flattie! I think you shorted yourself on the length, I would say 38 on flat level ground! Well just in time for a new PB so you have a whole year to beat it!

I was asking Steve the day we were in the surf just how big he thought the flatties in the surf could be, guess you took care of that question.

As I said, I too now look forward to fishing with you in the surf.

Bring on your S.w.A.T. (Slow Walking And Tired) mission!

Happy Holidays! (I know you already did)
Eddie, there are some monsters lurking in the surf... but they are so smart, you have to catch them just at the right time. Usually when they're hungry, chasing bait and on a serious chew.
Can't wait to get out in the surf with you in the New Year, we all gonna have a blast. Even if it's only a Slow Walking And Tired mission. That's a good one! :ROFL:
Happy New Year to you & the family.

That is a pig of a fish wingnut. id love to join you guys one day just to learn and see how its really done lol. my pb is only 28" but i lost one that my friend caught right after i lost it that was 36". oh well i atleast pride myself on 17 legals this year. but you killed my numbers by FAR. to bad im stuck fishing local id like to try zuma or the BU next year. good luck to your future adventures wingnut!
A 28" Hali is a quality fish. Seventeen legals in a year, that's impressive, congrats!
Now impress me even more by telling me that you released most of them. :Wink:

SIMPLY EPIC!

Congratulations Arthur on your flattie of the year!

Now normally I'd say "congrats on your new PB"... but somehow I have a feeling this fish wont be your PB Hali for very long! ........

I know that 40"+ is just around the corner.......

Even though your Redskins didnt have the best of seasons....... and my Packers backed into the playoffs and probably wont last past the first round....., Christmas wishes do come true!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/pack57helmet.jpg

Thanks Dana, we have to make it a point to fish together more often in the New Year buddy.
Thanks for the support and everything you've done for me and all the Team 57 members throughout the year. You're the best! :Big Grin:
Go Packers!!!

Got it now. :Cool:

I think Thomas Jefferson describes you perfectly with his quote, "The harder I work, the luckier I get." You take that mentality and apply it to everything in life like JerryG said. Crazy about the egg sacks too... the second/first spawn may be on in a month or two. Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2010 brings for SWAT!
Marc, you're an outstanding young man and an exceptional angler. Keep up the good work and never change. :Cool: Looking forward to more fantastic adventures in 2010!
BTW - Your Xmas gift is still under my tree. :Wink:

Sweet report Arthur congrats on the PB Hali and her younger sister. That 40"+ is coming your way and that DD saltwater striper will be right behind it. That was very nice of you for doing the toy drive not to many people would do, You made a lot of kids very happy over the holidays. Poseidon and Santa rewarded you for all the good work you did this year with a PB Hali on Christmas even tho it was not gift wrapped its okay lol.

Thanks for the report and happy New Year..

Bigred
Thanks Lucas, that elusive surf Striper would sure be a nice Christmas present for next year. :Wink:
The toy drive was fun, I do it every year. To see the smiles on the kids faces was priceless.
Hopefully, next year, you can join the S.W.A.T. Crew on a few missions. :Cool:

Jaysuuun
12-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats on the PB. She's a beast! I'll be sure to get out in the surf this new year.

sansou
12-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Nice "karma" fish! Like everyone says, that 40 incher will be your 2010!

Who the heck fishes on Christmas morning?? Really?? :ROFL:

You're hardcore bro.

DEADROOTS
12-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Persistence and knowledge is the key! You keep proving that time after time :LOL: Congrats and good work!

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Nice job Arthur, sweet action, that sucka looks bigger than 36".....real nice winter catch there !

Congrats on the PB...as we all know, that just bumps you up into a whole new range of goals for the future (that one of the wonderfull things about fishing )

Excellent job there buddy...what a sweet xmas present..

Nicely done and Meryy xmas and heres to a great new year !

Salute,
Gary

Wingnut
12-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Congrats on the PB. She's a beast! I'll be sure to get out in the surf this new year.
Drag Tess out there with you Jason... I think you guys would really enjoy surf fishing. :Cool: You two have a Happy New Year!

Nice "karma" fish! Like everyone says, that 40 incher will be your 2010!

Who the heck fishes on Christmas morning?? Really?? :ROFL:

You're hardcore bro.
Whether or not I get that 40" in the New Year... it's going to be fun. For me, it's never been the kill, but the thrill of the chase. :Twisted:

Who fishes Christmas morning...? I know of at least one guy that does... and he's glad that he did. :Wink:

Happy New Year Rich.

Persistence and knowledge is the key! You keep proving that time after time :LOL: Congrats and good work!
Thanks man, you're doing pretty well yourself. Keep up the good work in the New Year. I'm sure our roads will cross in the sand out there sometimes. :Cool:

Nice job Arthur, sweet action, that sucka looks bigger than 36".....real nice winter catch there !

Congrats on the PB...as we all know, that just bumps you up into a whole new range of goals for the future (that one of the wonderfull things about fishing )

Excellent job there buddy...what a sweet xmas present..

Nicely done and Meryy xmas and heres to a great new year !

Salute,
Gary
True that Gary... one of the great things about fishing is that you can never be at your best. No matter what you catch, how many you catch, and how big your catch is... you can always do better. The real competition is not with your fellow anglers, but with yourself. That's why I love fishing... and golf. :Wink: Keep up the good work and wishing you continued success in the New Year. :Cool:

Native Gal
01-01-2010, 06:51 PM
WN,
Simply SWEET!!!!
Congrats on the PB Hali, definitely looking forward to the 40" S.W.A.T mission for 2010. You definitely deserved that XMAS gift, you truly are a great person and it has been a pleasure to enjoy your catches and missions this past year. What a way for the leader of the S.W.A.T crew to end the season, :Thumbs Up:, xlnt solo mission, good call.
I hope to hit the 40" club myself next year from the surf also. From the east coast surf, like a 40"+ drum, yeah baby! VA has been a good visit with the hubby but the weather has been cold and rainy so I wasn't able to get in any fishing time. There are sooooo many places to fish around here, everywhere you turn there is a fishable body of water, I'm in heaven. The Holidays were good, we had a blast spending them together.
Happy Holidays to you and your family and best of luck in 2010, I know we will see some good posts from you, can't wait. Take care my friend and I will be looking forward to your 2010 posts.

NG
:Envious:

p.s. Happy Holidays to WNPug also.

Wingnut
01-02-2010, 08:19 PM
WN,
Simply SWEET!!!!
Congrats on the PB Hali, definitely looking forward to the 40" S.W.A.T mission for 2010. You definitely deserved that XMAS gift, you truly are a great person and it has been a pleasure to enjoy your catches and missions this past year. What a way for the leader of the S.W.A.T crew to end the season, :Thumbs Up:, xlnt solo mission, good call.
I hope to hit the 40" club myself next year from the surf also. From the east coast surf, like a 40"+ drum, yeah baby! VA has been a good visit with the hubby but the weather has been cold and rainy so I wasn't able to get in any fishing time. There are sooooo many places to fish around here, everywhere you turn there is a fishable body of water, I'm in heaven. The Holidays were good, we had a blast spending them together.
Happy Holidays to you and your family and best of luck in 2010, I know we will see some good posts from you, can't wait. Take care my friend and I will be looking forward to your 2010 posts.

NG
:Envious:

p.s. Happy Holidays to WNPug also.

Thanks NG, I really appreciate your encouragement and support all year. Thanks for the Christmas card and I hope that you got mine. :Wink:

We all know that you were the one that came up with the S.W.A.T. moniker for our crew. :Cool:

I'm glad to hear that you & Mike are together and having fun exploring new territories to fish back East. :Big Grin:

Take care and best of luck in the New Year.

Wingnut & WP :Wink:

kewlwhip
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture028-3.jpg
WOW- finally got to see your PB- congrats Arthur!!

vanillagurilla
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
yes art i released all but 2 i believe. wife loves halibut and its proof i went fishing lol.

Wingnut
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
WOW- finally got to see your PB- congrats Arthur!!

Thanks Hubert! How did you guys do at DVL on Sunday? :Wink:
I'll put your stuff in the mail tomorrow. :Cool:

yes art i released all but 2 i believe. wife loves halibut and its proof i went fishing lol.

That's what I wanted to hear! :Big Grin:
No problem bringing the wife fresh Halibut from time to time. You know what they say, "Happy wife, happy life." not that I know anything about that... :LOL:

Wingnut
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Sunday , January 3rd, 2010

Headed out with the S.W.A.T. Crew today to see if we can continue with the recent hot Winter bite. Somehow, the fish must have intercepted our communication and knew that the S.W.A.T. was about to unleash fury in the surf and vacated the assault areas. There was a leak in our intel and we are working on plugging that leak (see parting shot photo). :Big Smile:

Conditions deteriorated within the last couple of days and the swells have picked up quite a bit. The results were churned up and chocolate water with lots of salad. We made the best of it by hitting a couple of locations, but we all paid our dues today with no fish on the scoreboard.

Even with the lack of catching, we all had a fun day spent with friends.

Steve (Flyngby) - Always great to be in the trenches with you Captain. The Flatties eluded us today… but they can’t hide for long. Keep your vessel on standby as we track the conditions for next weekend.

Jerry (JerryG) - It was fun fishing side by side with you today Jerry. Swapping stories and sharing experiences. Lots of good laughs… can’t wait to get back out there with you again when conditions improves.

Phuong (Blackwater) - My long lost S.W.A.T. member making his return to the surf scene. Nice to have you back on a reunion mission buddy. It was a rough one today, but there will be plenty of legals lying at our feet soon enough!

Mike (Bones) - We’ve been doing so well lately… we needed this trip to bring us back down to Earth. One good thing that came out of today’s mission, you found a new “Russian” friend! Don’t worry Mike, the S.W.A.T. Code is “Don’t ask, don’t tell…” :ROFL:

“Failure is an opportunity to begin again… more intelligently.”

Reconnaissance photos:

Sunrise at the LZ.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture002-6.jpg

Met Jerry at the rendevouz point.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture004-6.jpg

The fishing was as dead as this poor guy. :mad:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture003-6.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture005-6.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture009-6.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture007-6.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture006-6.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture011-6.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture012-6.jpg

Mike, are those pajamas under your waders?!? Lol
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture013-5.jpg

Conceding “temporary” defeat. :LOL:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture017-5.jpg

Parting shot:
Interrogating Santa… “Are you the intel leak…? I think Santa needs a spanking Amanda. :Twisted:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture050-1.jpg

flyngby
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Arthur, Mike, Phuong, Jerry,

I had a great time out there with you all today! Although the fish did not cooperate we all gave it our best shot!!!! Here are a few pics of our treacherous day!

Me trying to get by Roxy for an early morning escape!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1020001.jpg
There used to be a trail here but mother nature has taken control!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030014.jpg
While Arthur was already "Hunting Giants"
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030015.jpg
Phuong was trying to beat Jerry to the spot!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030018.jpg
Phuong telling Jerry that the S.W.A.T. intensity has pick up since his last trip!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030006.jpg
Mike finally made it down!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030017.jpg
Jerry showing Phuong & Arthur where he last saw the 20" Great White!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030012-1.jpg
We made a move to the kiddy beach but were still turned away with rough conditions.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030019.jpg
Mike telling Phuong about his new found freind!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030021.jpg
The reason that Mike was able to meet his new friend! His equipment needed a shower!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030023.jpg
Where do we go now Commander?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030020.jpg

I had another Fun Day out there with the Crew! The company of friends always overcomes the solo smelly trip! We all got to enjoy it together!

Till next time!

Steve

blackwater
01-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Steve, with all the weapons and arsenal thrown in the surf that day between five surf commandos, if there was a flattie in the mix, we would have nailed it. They got wind of our overwhelming firepower and cleared the area. :LOL: Once again, Arthur, Mike, Steve & Jerry, thanks for making me feel so welcome on my reunion tour of duty in the surf. Once a SWAT, always a SWAT. :Cool:

Wingnut
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Arthur, Mike, Phuong, Jerry,

I had a great time out there with you all today! Although the fish did not cooperate we all gave it our best shot!!!! Here are a few pics of our treacherous day!

Me trying to get by Roxy for an early morning escape!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1020001.jpg
There used to be a trail here but mother nature has taken control!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030014.jpg
While Arthur was already "Hunting Giants"
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030015.jpg
Phuong was trying to beat Jerry to the spot!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030018.jpg
Phuong telling Jerry that the S.W.A.T. intensity has pick up since his last trip!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030006.jpg
Mike finally made it down!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030017.jpg
Jerry showing Phuong & Arthur where he last saw the 20" Great White!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030012-1.jpg
We made a move to the kiddy beach but were still turned away with rough conditions.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030019.jpg
Mike telling Phuong about his new found freind!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030021.jpg
The reason that Mike was able to meet his new friend! His equipment needed a shower!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030023.jpg
Where do we go now Commander?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/P1030020.jpg

I had another Fun Day out there with the Crew! The company of friends always overcomes the solo smelly trip! We all got to enjoy it together!

Till next time!

Steve

Steve, that's the most fun I've had fishing... without catching any fish. :LOL:
Swell are flat right now but projected to pick up again by the weekend. :Neutral:
Maybe time to consider Plan B... :Wink:

Steve, with all the weapons and arsenal thrown in the surf that day between five surf commandos, if there was a flattie in the mix, we would have nailed it. They got wind of our overwhelming firepower and cleared the area. :LOL: Once again, Arthur, Mike, Steve & Jerry, thanks for making me feel so welcome on my reunion tour of duty in the surf. Once a SWAT, always a SWAT. :Cool:

Phuong, I think you spent most of the day talking, not fishing. :ROFL: Everytime I turn my head, you're engaged in a conversation with one of the S.W.A.T. members... catching up on all the intel right buddy? :Wink: Now that you've shaken the rust off, time to get down to business! :Twisted: See you soon.

jerryG
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Guys (Arthur, Mike, Phoung, Steve)

I had a \great time fishing with you guys (The Team). Thanks Guys! Although our mission got high- jacked by skunks it was sure a lot of fun none the less. We will kill those skunks next time. LOL. Looking forward to next mission.

Jerry

Wingnut
01-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Guys (Arthur, Mike, Phoung, Steve)

I had a \great time fishing with you guys (The Team). Thanks Guys! Although our mission got high- jacked by skunks it was sure a lot of fun none the less. We will kill those skunks next time. LOL. Looking forward to next mission.

Jerry

Likewise Jerry, let's regroup and plan the next assault. :Twisted:
Not this weekend though... swells projected from 4-8 feet! :Shocked: