PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Was Stolen!!!!

candyman
12-23-2009, 08:35 PM
well my car was stolen because my sister was careless and parked my car outside.... please if anyone could help in anyway, all I ask is to keep your eyes out. What a horrible way to start off xmas.....

here is a link to some info about the car and what it looks like

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2700109

Thank you

Fire Ball
12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh man! That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Does your neighborhood have a lot of crime? I can't believe you can't park your car outside without having it stolen. Wow...

AngryAgent
12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Sucks man hopefully you get it back soon. It happened to me at Knotts Berry Farm with my Integra about 5 years ago. I got my car back 4 days later with no rims or sounds but they left my $8,000.00 motor in the car!

troutdog
12-23-2009, 08:47 PM
OUCH...sorry to hear that Phyl, hope some good fortune finds you before the new year.

I have a suggestion that will make you feel better....LETS FISH!!!

TD

NoHo ART
12-23-2009, 08:58 PM
ohhh man sorry to hear that
i would recommend a paging alarm on all your cars its the best $300 you can spent on your car
it has cost me 2 broken windows but i haven't gotten jacked since

Troutman65
12-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Wow That sucks. Thats why I have Lo Jack . Hope you get it back

candyman
12-24-2009, 07:22 AM
thanks for all the support guys, i got a new job at subaru and acura so no more time for fishing:Sad: and I do live in a elderly neighborhood but things always happen when you least expect it. Unfortunately I did not have any security because the car isnt usually driven....

smokehound
12-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Id mention a likely description of the suspects, especially because you live in GG, but everyone would call me a skinhead. :LOL:

Sorry about your loss.

candyman
12-24-2009, 06:14 PM
maybe xmas will be good after all!!!! well let me explain, today after work i started to look for a new car. So I'm on craigslist and I see that another white hatchback is being sold!!! Hmmm... I wonder are they that dumb? well it was worth a shot to go check it out, if it wasnt my car i could just buy it and have one just like it again. Well I go and check out the car and guess what? The car turned out to not be mine, BUT he did have my fender on his car. How do I know its mine? For one there is a dent that is identical to mine, and for some reason the color of the fender was off compared to the rest of the car (red car painted white not oem color like my fender) anyways I played it off like I didnt know. When i asked him how come the fender was dented he couldnt explain why.... i go to the other side of the car to look at the other fender and it has a sidemarker... Hmmm why would one side have one and the other not? DuHH cuz the other one is mine!!!! well I just called the police and ive been waiting for the last 40 min for the patrol car to come...Lets see how this turns out

Bradakas
12-24-2009, 06:45 PM
:Popcorn: ......

NoHo ART
12-24-2009, 06:59 PM
ohhh man this sounds like funn good luck keep us posted :Wink:

Troutman65
12-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow , Sounds like your car was stolen by pros and went to a chop shop . Rat Bastards !!!

candyman
12-24-2009, 09:55 PM
:Crying: No luck... this is why sometimes people don't even bother turning to law enforcement..... so the officer finally showed up an hour and 20 min later.... I tell him what happened and I ask him to be honest about his answer. I asked him what would happen next, he responded by saying that most likely the report wont even make it to the detective for 10 days....and even at that point they cant prove that its my fender because vins on it are not engraved but only a sticker... if the guys are connected to a shop they would need warrants and blah blah blah....so basically they cant do anything but wait for the car to be found in pieces....after the officer left, I called the station trying to contact the detective that was assigned to my case. They tell me that the case has not even been processed:EyePop: My car was stolen nearly 3 days ago and not even processed? As of right now it looks like a lost cause, unless it is handled by my own hand.

oh and yes i did give the police his number and the craigslist ad and I also gave them his vin, the operator even mentioned that the police wouldn't be willing to come out and track the guy down until monday cuz he might be located outside of the city and its the holidays....

samgann93
12-24-2009, 10:24 PM
kick the guys *** that took it. and drive your car home.

NoHo ART
12-25-2009, 12:45 AM
a few years back they broke in to my car and jacket my system when i asked the cops if they would like to come out and take finger prints.. i was told by the operator that they wont even try to match the prints but they would still come out and take the prints to make me happy if i insisted.
i say pick up your 9 and pay them a visit your self if you want to see results

2quikmotorwerks
12-25-2009, 04:19 AM
:Crying: No luck... this is why sometimes people don't even bother turning to law enforcement..... so the officer finally showed up an hour and 20 min later.... I tell him what happened and I ask him to be honest about his answer. I asked him what would happen next, he responded by saying that most likely the report wont even make it to the detective for 10 days....and even at that point they cant prove that its my fender because vins on it are not engraved but only a sticker... if the guys are connected to a shop they would need warrants and blah blah blah....so basically they cant do anything but wait for the car to be found in pieces....after the officer left, I called the station trying to contact the detective that was assigned to my case. They tell me that the case has not even been processed:EyePop: My car was stolen nearly 3 days ago and not even processed? As of right now it looks like a lost cause, unless it is handled by my own hand.

oh and yes i did give the police his number and the craigslist ad and I also gave them his vin, the operator even mentioned that the police wouldn't be willing to come out and track the guy down until monday cuz he might be located outside of the city and its the holidays....THATS bull **** on a honda even if the sticker of the vin is removed there will be a blue blacklight strip under that so if they take a black light the vin will pop up even though the sticker is removed now if they scratch the blue strip then u might have an issue, hondas in general are one of the most stolen cars thats why i dont own any no more and i use to own a bunch, **** u cant even go get a gallon of milk these days if u own a honda they steal em just that quick.Pretty sad when you own a performance vw/honda shop and u dont even own a honda anymore

vanillagurilla
12-25-2009, 09:03 AM
**** the fuzz. i cought a guy trying to break into my car once, i broke his arm.

FLYFISHING MD
12-25-2009, 09:43 AM
did you take all your fishing gear out ofthe car :???: because i keep my stella1000 and my 7foot gloomis in my car at all times . hope you find your car

Troutman65
12-25-2009, 11:15 AM
**** the fuzz. i cought a guy trying to break into my car once, i broke his arm.

You only broke one arm ? The guy got off lucky . :LOL::Wink:

candyman
12-25-2009, 11:39 AM
did you take all your fishing gear out ofthe car :???: because i keep my stella1000 and my 7foot gloomis in my car at all times . hope you find your car

I used to keep my fishing gear in my car but I learned that its a horrible idea, one it will ruin your guides from the heat of the sun and the other reason is it will get stolen.....

DockRat
12-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Did a job in Northridge after the quake and this dude had a 1957 Corvette
totally cherry OG. Being a car guy I was checking it out and noticed a CDL (Ca Drivers License) engraved on some parts (chrome).

I asked the guy about it and he said he got the car from his dad when he passed away. He said his dad had the car stolen 3 Times.

The 3rd time his dad got ot back he was so POed that he engraved his CDL on almost every part on the car. I look closer and see it and am like WTF.

EVERYTHING HAD DADS CDL # ON IT !!! :ROFL:

Door handles, wipers, every bumper part, side trims, mirrors, drive train, interior parts, ect.

Copy and save the CL ad because it will drop off CL after a couple weeks,
Start a file with names, dates, addresses, ect.

Keep checking CL for other parts and do your own CL detective work.
With enough pieces of the puzzle you might get lucky later.

DR

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff353/buntae86/DSCN1599.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/tasteofink306/1990%20Honda%20CRX%20SiR/PARTS006-1.jpg

candyman
12-27-2009, 09:36 AM
that is most likely what my car looks like by now, but if i had a dual cam like that car it would be gone too... I at this point pretty much gave up all hope on the car, maybe im lucky and the people responsible will be caught. As for my car im sure its in pieces im just waiting for it to be found, I am already planning on buying my neighbor's car. Thanks for all the supports guys