PDA

View Full Version : Back Pack set-up for Surf...

murrieta angler
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Could someone please post a picture of their back pack set-up of their surf fishing gear so I could get an idea how to place an additonal rod for my recons. Thanks in advance..:Smile:

vanillagurilla
12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
the way i do it is i put on my back pack and then i slide the handle of the rod down between my side and the strap where it connects to the bag. so basicly the rod is behind your arm/shoulder and the reel holds it up.

bsp
12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
3rd grip pole holster and you're good to go. When I hit the surf solo, I'll stick the extra rod in my backpack and use a carabiner to shut close the zippers.

NooB SaBass
12-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Prob grab a 3rd grip, thats supposed to be awsome for 2nd pole holder and its cheap...

DockRat
12-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I keep a 1970's Canvas Trout Creel Surf Setup in my car and just go with 1 rod. Fits all my stuff, camera and a 24 :Cool:
DR

victor101
12-24-2009, 08:53 AM
I also use a 3rd grip holster http://www.3rdgrip.com/ with the rod facing backwards of course...keeps it on your left side and out of the way. I keep my surf tackle in a small bag like this one http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpagePLANOBAG-PSSS446B.html Its light and i only carry what i need. It has a pocket where my camera fits perfectly. WFO also has a waist pack with a pole holster and room for tackle http://www.tackledirect.com/wfo-trek-pack-tackle-bag.html

Nessie Hunter
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Just hire Wingnut to caddy all your gear.
He will hand you what you need, as you need it...

:ROFL:

victor101
12-24-2009, 11:05 AM

LMAAAOO will he also hook and hand fish off to me? That would be awesome.

murrieta angler
12-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks to everyone for the info. I think I will go with Vanilla's idea though, since I already have a back pack. Merry Christmas To All...:Smile:

murrieta angler
12-24-2009, 11:53 AM

Do you think he would...:Smile: I tip well...:Big Grin:

bsp
12-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Wingnut's Surf Caddy Service... location of all SWAT spots included.:ROFL:

If you do want your own caddy, either bring a friend and say they have to carry the gear because they're fishing your spot and using your gear. Or... have your dad carry it because you did literally everything else and that's the least he can do. Both of those work for me! :LOL:

The easiest thing when you do a solo trip is to leave your backpack and extra rod on the beach if you are wading. Just remember to turn around every few minutes to make sure nobody runs off with your gear.

murrieta angler
12-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Wingnut's Surf Caddy Service... location of all SWAT spots included.:ROFL:

If you do want your own caddy, either bring a friend and say they have to carry the gear because they're fishing your spot and using your gear. Or... have your dad carry it because you did literally everything else and that's the least he can do. Both of those work for me! :LOL:

The easiest thing when you do a solo trip is to leave your backpack and extra rod on the beach if you are wading. Just remember to turn around every few minutes to make sure nobody runs off with your gear.

Thanks for the info, but it just seems to take more time to back track as opposed to just moving on down, or up, the beach.
My pops is 71 and in better shape than me. He will leave me behind as he starts hiking off down the beach..:ROFL: With my gear...:ROFL::ROFL:

Wingnut
12-25-2009, 04:50 PM

LMAAAOO will he also hook and hand fish off to me? That would be awesome.

Do you think he would...:Smile: I tip well...:Big Grin:

You guys are killing me... :LOL:
My service is free of charge, but to hook fish and hand it off is extra! :ROFL:

M.A. The 3rd Grip is great, I use one myself. That, along with a small chest or back pack is all you need for any surf assault. :Wink: Good luck out there! :Cool:

Rakie
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I always just used a messenger bag to hold all my crap, I only took 1 rod though, carrying 2 rods around always bugged me.

baloneysandwich
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I just got one of these they hold plenty of gear and 2 rods well.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0064755124215a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=wfo+&Ntk=Products&QueryText=wfo+&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D:hasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

lngbchfnhnter
01-12-2010, 11:09 PM
After spending a small fortune on surf fishing back packs with front packs,slings,vests and waist bags, ive come to figure out, a nice medium size camel backpack(taking the water bag out unless you want it) will hold a nice plano,that will hold various assault amo for the day such as luckys,plastics krocs,castmasters,ect..also i use the small front pocket to hold scents,extra spinning spool for dropshot and small camera tripod.
What i use to hold my second rod is, on the side of the back pack theres a bottle holder with two straps spaced apart above it. Thats were i shoved a small diameter pvc pipe with a notch on it that holds and locks in the rod and it also keeps the reel up and away from the surf sandy water,and is easily reachable for the swap. I also use a 3 grip on my right side to hold my rod when rigging and it also of course holds pliers and lip gripper.
Hope this helps some..
Good luck! and fish on!
%%%%%%%%%
~~<;)(((<i %%%
%%%%%%%%%