PDA

View Full Version : Corbina Report 7/7/07 south bay

hakaveli
07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Took my little brother (10 years old) to do some surf fishing . Went to my usual spot. Alot of sliders around . We started fishing from 10:30 till 2:30. Little brother got the first fish being a YFC. Then 45 mins pass i hooked up a Corbina about 10" . Walked the beach brother got another YFC then released it. I found a sand crab bed that was thick . Thumb nail sized got about 20 of those. and they where softshells. with roe on them. About 12:30 i hooked a big one on it. Came out to be a 19" Corbina Gave me a hell of a fight. Fish swallowed the hook and was bleeding bad . So i took him home for dinner later. took of at 2:30'

Final count

Me
1 YFC
2 Corbina (19" my biggest corbina ever)

Brother

2 YFC

Till next time tight lines

sorry no pics on this trip i dont bring electronics to the surf anymore

4g63power
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM
good job mike!

paintnfish
07-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Way to go Mike, nineteen inche's put's up a fun fight, glad you
found them :thumb: have'nt been out today, how were the conditions.

bones
07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Took my little brother (10 years old) to do some surf fishing . Went to my usual spot. Alot of sliders around . We started fishing from 10:30 till 2:30. Little brother got the first fish being a YFC. Then 45 mins pass i hooked up a Corbina about 10" . Walked the beach brother got another YFC then released it. I found a sand crab bed that was thick . Thumb nail sized got about 20 of those. and they where softshells. with roe on them. About 12:30 i hooked a big one on it. Came out to be a 19" Corbina Gave me a hell of a fight. Fish swallowed the hook and was bleeding bad . So i took him home for dinner later. took of at 2:30'

Final count

Me
1 YFC

Brother

2 YFC

Thanks for the SB report. The beans are everywhere right on time. Water temps and SC beds are always the key. Hey....I was very paranoid about using my new $400 digi at the beach(after ruining my last one with sand grains) but what I do now is I keep my new one in a ziplock baggie.I just lay the fish down and do a quick wipe of my hands and then pull the camera out of the baggie being VERY carefull about moisture and sand grains.The baggie is also good insurance that your camera won't get wet in case of an accidental dunking or big wave.
Just a suggestion 8)
PS....
I'm heading on down to the SB tomorrow but can't decide on which spot.
Would you mind sending me a PM on your spot. I've got a few favorites down there as well.

hakaveli
07-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Way to go Mike, nineteen inche's put's up a fun fight, glad you
found them :thumb: have'nt been out today, how were the conditions.

the surf was not that bad but tons of salad

hakaveli
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM

Final count

Me
1 YFC

Brother

2 YFC

Thanks for the SB report. The beans are everywhere right on time. Water temps and SC beds are always the key. Hey....I was very paranoid about using my new $400 digi at the beach(after ruining my last one with sand grains) but what I do now is I keep my new one in a ziplock baggie.I just lay the fish down and do a quick wipe of my hands and then pull the camera out of the baggie being VERY carefull about moisture and sand grains.The baggie is also good insurance that your camera won't get wet in case of an accidental dunking or big wave.
Just a suggestion 8)
PS....
I'm heading on down to the SB tomorrow but can't decide on which spot.
Would you mind sending me a PM on your spot. I've got a few favorites down there as well.

thanx for the suggestion im looking for a cheap one so i wont cry if it gets wet