PDA

View Full Version : An Epic 2009 - The Year in Pics

bassjedi
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Well, it doesn't look like I'll get out fishing again before the end of the year so I might as well post this now. This may have been my greatest fishing year ever with lots of highlights including two mullet snapper over the world record (didn't know record at the time so didn't look into submitting), my first barred pargo, some huge cubera snappers, some fun snook, a PB tuna (captain said 130 but it sure looked a lot bigger), my first marlin and yellowtail in several years (lived in Chicago for last 3 years until 2009), my first swimbait largemouth, a mammoth roosterfish, and a PB white seabass. It was definitely my best year for pictures; I think I got good pics of every decent fish I caught this year. Still looking for that DD largemouth; hopefully 2010 will be the year. Looks like not all pics fit in one post so I'll post two.

victor101
12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Great Pics! Love the big rooster pic...

bassjedi
12-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Man do I have an understanding wife.

sansou
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Great pics Bassjedi.

FYI, the "mullet snapper" you are referring to are actually called "Barred Pargo", or locally known as "coconacos". They get much pretty big from what I have personally experienced. I would be surprised if the WR isn't in the 16-20lb range. We took 2 over to a restaurant one evening that were double digit and ended up sharing the fish with a family of 5 at the restaurant....excellent fish on the grill.

Happy Holidays!

AngryAgent
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Pargo is one of my favorite fish to chase on the Reyes trips and is very tasty.

Nice flics:Big Grin:

bassjedi
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
You are looking at the wrong snappers. The mullet snapper I was referring to is the big 50+lber sitting on my lap. Looks a bit like a cubera because it is so fat; usually they are skinnier.

Those barred pargo I caught are nice fish but certainly not WR class.

Great pics Bassjedi.

FYI, the "mullet snapper" you are referring to are actually called "Barred Pargo", or locally known as "coconacos". They get much pretty big from what I have personally experienced. I would be surprised if the WR isn't in the 16-20lb range. We took 2 over to a restaurant one evening that were double digit and ended up sharing the fish with a family of 5 at the restaurant....excellent fish on the grill.

Happy Holidays!

bassjedi
12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
You are looking at the wrong snappers. The mullet snapper I was referring to is the big 50+lber sitting on my lap. Looks a bit like a cubera because it is so fat; usually they are skinnier.

Those barred pargo I caught are nice fish but certainly not WR class.

Here is the other huge mullet snapper. Caught on a live 4lb skipjack flylined.