PDA

View Full Version : Fish Cat 4 or Navigator II

Goofy4fish
12-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I currently have a Nav II and am thinking about a Fish Cat 4 LCS with inflatable seat & back. I have had the Nav II for about 3 years & love it but I see some real plusses for the FC4. I would love to hear from others that have the FC4 and especially anyone who has had both. Please give me both sides, pro & con. I only wish there was a place to try out both models to do a real live comparison.

AngryAgent
12-23-2009, 10:58 AM
The FishCat4 is a great tube and sits well in the water and can handle the bigger then normal Joe. It glides well through the water and steers just fine. I personally like that tube a whole lot but the one major factor in no longer owning it for me is the weight. That tube with the PVC and foam bottom and top seat support makes it super heavy and not a good tube to hike for miles with. I do a lot of hiking so it just doesn't fit the bill for me.

I would recommend the Togiak tube over both the Navigator 2 and the FC4. It has the best of both worlds. The seat keeps you sitting out of the water, the weight is about half that of the FC4, and it is a pretty stylish tube and also comes in at a low price of $150.00 brand new.

Just my .02 cents