PDA

View Full Version : Alondra tuesday 12/22/09

BishopTrouter
12-22-2009, 08:03 PM
I saw that alondra was on the stocking schedule this week and figured they always stock well ahead of the weekend so i should take advantage of my free winter break time..

Anyways i went in the afternoon (started fishing around 2).. first i made a circle around the lake-- everything seemed dead with no1 having any luck (I'm not sure why some pple get pissed when u ask them but oh well). The water was horribly stained. On my second round i fished the hell out of every legal space until finally i caught a glimpse of a trout back by the public bathroom. I fancasted from this point and managed two stockers in a row.

Up until that point i thought they hadnt stocked yet but i realzed that they must have yesterday or even sunday and just like with any city lake... it got hammered in the few hours proceeding. (Im guessing no trout could last for two weeks from the previous stocking)

A few casts later i hooked into something that bent the hook straight :O. Probably a carp?

After seeing only a few trout jumps in the area and having very subtle bites i figured it was about time to call it.

I left at 430 (thats a lot of time spent for two lil rainbows haha)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/BishopTrouter/Picture072-1.jpg

All day i was throwing the orange PW on a dropshot

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/BishopTrouter/Picture073-1.jpg

I felt kinda guilty keeping two perfectly lip hooked trout but the way i saw it-- any released fish would be a cormorants next meal and im always down for some fish tacos (hopefully they didnt have the time to soak up any Alondra-ness, if u know what i mean)

Hope some of u would find this report helpful! tight lines....

Bradakas
12-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Good job. Orange has been a top producer for me too this year.

ghetto dad
12-22-2009, 09:02 PM
nice fish and report man...

GD

bman90278
12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the report...Those fish looked nice. I'll be there early am in the hopes for some trout. Glad I already have some orange worms and power baits.

brian

dfisher
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
hope you dont grow a 3rd eye from eating those!

fndaway66
12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Um, I hope you have some antibiotics to go with them fish.