PDA

View Full Version : Pvr 12,18-20

cjschock
12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Fished the reservoir with some buddy's and it was slow landed 7 fish in 3 days. Fish only seemed interested in Power bait and a few with crawlers. Only got one fish to hit on a tubejig which is my preferred way to fish. However, the weather was great so I will be back up in a few weeks.

Sierra_Smitty
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Bummer....was kinda hoping it would be one fire by now. Only a matter of time I suppose....

Joshua
12-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Bummer....was kinda hoping it would be one fire by now. Only a matter of time I suppose....
Stop it, what are you trying to do. Build up false hope. There was this guy that wrote a book about the Eastern Sierras<> he supposedly included several of the backcountry lakes. Heard it had good info. But I have my suspicions about this guy:Wink: I think he was trying to sell timeshares in that area????
Happy Holidays.
I am hoping PVR jumps off really soon. I have 2 trips planned in the near future. Last year was awesome.

cjschock
12-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I hope so too. Next time I go up I am going on a perch hunt. I got the fish finder so I hope I can find them suspended somewhere in the reservoir.

Yellowfin400
12-24-2009, 10:49 PM

I lived in Bishop for 5 years (87 to 92) and during that time the DFG would plant Brood stock into PVR beginning about the 2nd or 3 week in January.

I experienced some fantastic fishing for 3 to 5lber's, and my fav spots were lanch ramp area and the dam face near the cliff