PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

Iron Only
12-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Whats up fellas. I am a long time fisherman. I grew up working on sportboats but am curious where to go surf fishing. I only want to fish the LC for halibut and live near Malibu. If anyone could give up a little dope on that area that would be much appreciated. Thank a lot.

DockRat
12-22-2009, 06:57 AM
I only want to fish the LC for halibut and live near Malibu.

I thought you were ' Iron Only ' ???
DR

NooB SaBass
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
dude u live in killer Surf fishing turf. Head out anywhere with sand and water, and I'm pretty sure u got fish. just make sure when you work a area, REALLY REALLY work it, then if nothing is happening in 10-15 min, move alittle ways down and start again.. I covered an entire stretch of carlsbad yesterday and seriously found that at least BSP sit in pockets and Hali's are behind those pockets... So good idea I'm guessing is have 2 rods one for BSP locating then once you find em throw ur LC for the big uns and the Hali's, hell croakers will take em 2...Tight lines!:Big Grin:

Iron Only
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey thanks man. I know it is a good area because I wreck the perch everytime I go, but trying to get to a calm beach to fish for halibut is my issue. I know point dume would be good but tough to get down there. Hey anyway I went to school in Carlsbad when I was younger it's an awesome town. I know you are a little new to surf fishing as well. I have been using the berkley gulp sandworm when I go for the perch. I know the purists frown upon it, because it's like cheating. Using that bait I don't think I have ever caught less than 10 perch in a single session it's like crack. So try that out when you get a chance. Good luck.

NooB SaBass
12-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Ya that MORF grub's gotta be E then lol get all the perch hopped up on it,even on a rough day its wierd they really only bite 3 colors lol
But if u want Hali's throw a LC, Throw right after u hook into perch , I did that in 3 cast I had a legal on the line, though get em in kinda quick lol mine pulled a Hoodini...:Shocked:

victor101
12-22-2009, 06:51 PM
PM sent...

DockRat
12-23-2009, 05:47 AM
I have been using the berkley gulp sandworm when I go for the perch. I know the purists frown upon it, because it's like cheating. Using that bait I don't think I have ever caught less than 10 perch in a single session it's like crack.

Bait is cheating ? Yah right.

Bring 3 rods. 1 for BSP, 1 for your LC Butt fishing, and
1 long rod with a 3 oz weight.

Use your BSP rod for making bait.
Pin a 5" BSP and cast him out on your long rod and use that for sharks.
DR

Iron Only
12-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey Victor I sent a private reply let me know if you got it. I am not used to the posting system yet. Ok, thanks again.