PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Lagoon 12/21/09

shh777
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I went to Irvine Lake (kid's lagoon) with my son and two students from the school I work at. The weather was great - a bit overcast and no wind. We got to the lake at 8:30am and we set up opposite the side of the "waterfall." My son and my two students go bit on powerbait and nightcrawlers. I limited on Powerworms. The bite was fairly consistent throughout the day and we saw alot of people catching their limit. I got 3, my son got two, the first student got 3, and the second student missed 6 different hooksets (he's a newbie). We all tried really hard to get the newbie student a fish and he had many chances, but he just couldn't do it. I let him reel in my fish, and net all the fish that came to shore, but it's not the same as catching it on your own stick.

My son got a fish with a tag on it and won $5. We hope to go back again next week.....

ghetto dad
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I went to Irvine Lake (kid's lagoon) with my son and two students from the school I work at. The weather was great - a bit overcast and no wind. We got to the lake at 8:30am and we set up opposite the side of the "waterfall." My son and my two students go bit on powerbait and nightcrawlers. I limited on Powerworms. The bite was fairly consistent throughout the day and we saw alot of people catching their limit. I got 3, my son got two, the first student got 3, and the second student missed 6 different hooksets (he's a newbie). We all tried really hard to get the newbie student a fish and he had many chances, but he just couldn't do it. I let him reel in my fish, and net all the fish that came to shore, but it's not the same as catching it on your own stick.

My son got a fish with a tag on it and won $5. We hope to go back again next week.....

good job man...I posted a report from Saturday fishing the lagoon with my daughter....she also got one and got $5!! thats cool..the kids love it....thats what its all about brother....

GD

Troutman65
12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
:Cool: Thanks for posting up

Angler Dan
12-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Great job! I am hoping to take my kids there during their vacation.