PDA

View Full Version : Tourney 12/19/09

Daryl
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I arrived at 4:45 and secured a spot at the end of the third row. Walked in and entered the tournament with high hopes of winning a spot in the Masters (along with some extra cash). I launched my tube near the boat ramp and kicked back to Woody's Cove. I thought I was in for a great day after I had a nice fish snap me off almost immediately. I retied and kicked out of the cove when a little stocker bit my orange Gulp worm. He was easily landed and found his spot on my stringer. Overall, I hooked about 10 fish for an easy limit by 1pm. All fish fell victim to orange or pink worms with a splitshot about 15" above. I found most of them in the boat dock cove area about 25 yards from the end of the rental dock.

Although I didn't land anything big enough to place, I can tell you that there are fish in that lake. It's not easy fishing, but I enjoy the challenge.

It was nice to visit with some friendly 57 members after the tourney. Big Daddy, that roca was awesome! 2quick, thanks for bringing the turkeys, too bad I couldn't stay long enough to help eat them.

Sue, it was nice to meet you, enjoy the lighter. Poxy, thanks for the brew, you are going to love those fins. YamaFish, those sausages hit the spot. I was starving after getting blown around that lake all day. GhettoDad, nice to meet you, congrats to your daughter on the triple limit. TD, as always, nice to see you and chat a bit. NoHo, nice seeing you. Hitts, hope you enjoy the trout. Rooster, let me know when you're ready to hit the lake again. We'll meet up and slay.

ghetto dad
12-21-2009, 03:34 PM
I arrived at 4:45 and secured a spot at the end of the third row. Walked in and entered the tournament with high hopes of winning a spot in the Masters (along with some extra cash). I launched my tube near the boat ramp and kicked back to Woody's Cove. I thought I was in for a great day after I had a nice fish snap me off almost immediately. I retied and kicked out of the cove when a little stocker bit my orange Gulp worm. He was easily landed and found his spot on my stringer. Overall, I hooked about 10 fish for an easy limit by 1pm. All fish fell victim to orange or pink worms with a splitshot about 15" above. I found most of them in the boat dock cove area about 25 yards from the end of the rental dock.

Although I didn't land anything big enough to place, I can tell you that there are fish in that lake. It's not easy fishing, but I enjoy the challenge.

It was nice to visit with some friendly 57 members after the tourney. Big Daddy, that roca was awesome! 2quick, thanks for bringing the turkeys, too bad I couldn't stay long enough to help eat them.

Sue, it was nice to meet you, enjoy the lighter. Poxy, thanks for the brew, you are going to love those fins. YamaFish, those sausages hit the spot. I was starving after getting blown around that lake all day. GhettoDad, nice to meet you, congrats to your daughter on the triple limit. TD, as always, nice to see you and chat a bit. NoHo, nice seeing you. Hitts, hope you enjoy the trout. Rooster, let me know when you're ready to hit the lake again. We'll meet up and slay.

good to meet you two brother..sorry i didnt "hang" too much...my lil girls were running me ragged..lol

GD

Troutman65
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Congrats on your limit of trout Daryl . Hopfully next tourney you will get the lucky big one to get you into the Masters :Wink: Thanks for posting up

Poxy Boggards
12-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for grabbing the fins for me bro! See you in the AM.

Hitts0n
12-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Oh yeah buddy I passes along the fish to feed the need.Extra fish for Christmas dinner for some ! Great seeing you out there !!