PDA

View Full Version : skunked at the pud

Thisfool
12-20-2009, 06:50 PM
went to the pud to try and get some trout I worked the entire east shore drop shoting. I used every color combo I had and I only got one short bite

i did how ever see a guy bring up a few smaller bass he said he was using a jerk bait and this is where the parking lot ends on the east shore there was an outcrop and he was on the tip of it.

troutnkim
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
My husband and I were there today on our pontoons and worked all of sail boat cove, the swim beach and the two coves by the dam and never got a bite. But the weather was nice and it felt great just to be on the water.

old pudd fisher
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Damn that place sometimes! It sure can be a hard lake to fish.

CL SmooV
12-21-2009, 01:06 PM
yes when the pressure is down the pudd can make you cuss at the end of the day. if you can, try again in the next couple of days, fishing conditions should be improving.

trout love green and white pb.

bass are holding in 15-20. critter baits and natural color robos get their attention.

smokinflies
12-21-2009, 02:38 PM
went to the pud to try and get some trout I worked the entire east shore drop shotting. I used every color combo I had and I only got one short bite...

Try the north shore next time.

yes when the pressure is down the pudd can make you cuss at the end of the day. if you can, try again in the next couple of days, fishing conditions should be improving.

trout love green and white pb.

bass are holding in 15-20. critter baits and natural color robos get their attention.

Thanks for the bass tip CL.

Thisfool
12-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I will defiantly try the north shore next time.

im going to be spending allot of time at the pud this upcoming year since its only 15 minuets away by streets and it seemed to offer allot of different structures and coves that I could get to by foot.

I only stayed on the east shore because I dint know if the other shores are open for fishing. like for sure I thought I couldn’t got to the swim beach. And how would I drive my car to get to the north shore the parking lot ended about half way up the east shore

smokinflies
12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I will defiantly try the north shore next time.

im going to be spending allot of time at the pud this upcoming year since its only 15 minuets away by streets and it seemed to offer allot of different structures and coves that I could get to by foot.

I only stayed on the east shore because I dint know if the other shores are open for fishing. like for sure I thought I couldn’t got to the swim beach. And how would I drive my car to get to the north shore the parking lot ended about half way up the east shore

You access the north shore by driving down Puddingstone Dr.

Here's a map: http://www.mapquest.com/mq/3-C1nm

It took me awhile to figure out how to get back there too.

Hey PM me the next time you plan to head up there. Maybe I'll be able to meet up with you, or maybe even carpool to the lake.

Tight lines fellow "Bridgetowner".

CL SmooV
12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
i'll be there in the morning. i got the day off. PM me too if you all are going.

smoov