PDA

View Full Version : AV Duct

Lipripper93561
12-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Shot out to the Duct this evening for a quick little session. There was no flow at the first spot, but third cast, fish on, good little fighter weighed 4.5 on the Mustad Digi, tossed um back for another day. Checked out a couple of other spots that looked fishy but nothing produced. The last spot looked very good, but the repetative gun shots in the near background had me thinking is it really worth it. There are some crazies out there at night for sure.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4199485906_4bf6440a4d_b.jpg

Prowler_Tuber
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Nice catch, its never good when gun shots are going on.

Bradakas
12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Nice catch, its never good when gun shots are going on.

unless, you're the one behind the trigger :LOL:

cutbait
12-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Nice fish, good to see you on em every trip

M@M
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Good going on the catch! I'm new to duct fishing....what do you mean when you say "looked like a good spot" what should I be looking for? It kinda all looks the same to me. Like I said I'm new to this.

gletemfeelsteelgary
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
nice work there buddy, great ta see ya laying into 'em....
That lure is getting it's use and it's payin it's dues too....

VERY NICE !

Thats awesome your nailing 'em on the 1/2 oz version, I usually run the 1 ounce in the duct but I certainly aint gonna tell ya ta change anything at this point, you're on a roll....stay on those suckas !

on't fix it if it aint broken

Huge congrats !

Way ta roll !
Gary

Lipripper93561
12-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm tosssing that 1/2 ouncer because its the only skinny shad I have. There has been no flow the last couple of times, so I think thats the reason it has been effective for me. I'd like to get a couple more but just haven't been in the Castaic area for while. Have you tried the Rapala Clackin Rap at all? I have a 1 ounce version in ghost white, but just haven't put too many hours on it as the skinny shad seems to be working. Hope to see you out there on day Gary. Almost lost that skinny shad at around 260th the other night...one of those low hanging powerlines that sneek up on you in the dark, careful finessing got it back though.

yolo
12-21-2009, 03:47 PM
The clackin' rap is the only lipless I have not got one on. I don't like it because it has too much drag when retrieving. I personally don't like it.

Lipripper93561
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
It sure does displace alot of water, heavy action pole use for sure. One of these nights I'll dedicate throwing it all night as see if anything produces. They make one now 7/16 2.5 inches that might not feel like you have a stocker trout on the end.